The Assembly Technician works in a cross-functional warehouse environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of assembling Peloton’s world class products. This job is based in Carteret, NJ.
The Assembly Technician works closely with assembly supervisors, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to build Peloton’s world-class products.
- Using a variety of hand tools, power tools, presses, fixtures, computers, software, work instructions and test equipment, perform a series of operations to correctly assemble custom manufactured products
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Participate in product teardowns and re-assembly for root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, capability analysis, etc.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Production Supervisor
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform maintenance task as assigned
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Employee Handbook
- Punctual and reliable attendance; Works assigned shifts
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Positive attitude and team-oriented mentality
- Diligent, accurate and rapid completion of assigned tasks
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- HS Diploma with 2+ years of experience; AA degree preferred
- Experience in a hands-on manufacturing, assembly environment; Consumer hardware assembly experience (preferred)
- Experience with of mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Interpret work instructions, SOP’s, process maps, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, including CNC machining, injection molding, welding, and metal forming, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers and supervision
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and perform repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of OSHA, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge Excel, Minitab; SPC preferred
- This position requires domestic travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 5% or more as needed
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.