The Staff Quality Engineering Manager will be the lead Quality representative at our east coast assembly location. This position will develop the quality processes and quality management systems necessary for our Operations and Manufacturing teams. This is a hands-on role that is expected to move towards a management function as additional sites are brought online.
As an individual, you work well with others and have the technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to solve issues on the factory floor.You are responsible, independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality. As a manger you work to support and develop your team of talent and ensure clean and efficient execution.
This job is based in New York, NY and will require frequent domestic travel. This role reports to the Senior Director of Hardware Quality.
- Develop and implement quality processes and systems necessary to ensure safe, compliant, and effective assembly operations
- Responsible for quality policy creation, planning, and execution of assembly location project expansion
- Responsible for oversight and direct management of Staff QEs to be hired for additional sites.
- Coordinate and report on aggregate metrics across all facilities based on performance, rework, first pass yield , and scrap
- Manage centralized processes (e.g. MRB) and approve NCMR
- Coordinate with national manufacturing team to eliminate site-to-site variation
- Champion and lead continuous improvement efforts to streamline and improve metrics and operational efficiency
- Report weekly/monthly quality performance across all sites
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience in an assembly environment
- Experience managing a team and developing quality systems
- Strong communications skills
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
- CQE certification a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.