IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Peloton Systems Engineering team is looking for Senior Electrical Engineers with expertise in the design and productization of systems for consumer products. In this position you will be part of the team that will work on developing solutions which involve Hardware use cases for all Peloton products.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
The successful candidate has a strong electronics design and development background who will provide technical leadership as well as individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
NECESSARY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Have previously shipped high volume Consumer products
- Key contributor to high-level architecture and design of electronic systems focused on the fitness market
- High-speed mixed signal circuit design; schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout and assembly, board debug and system integration
- Strong understanding of single/dual quadrant motor controllers & control systems
- Strong understanding of power supplies & PFC
- Impact all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and design transfer
- Develop or identify tools and methods that allow reutilization of designs
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development teams during product design and development
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with ARM based CPU architectures and high speed interfaces such as SDIO, USB, Gigabit Ethernet, etc.
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to quickly isolate circuit faults
- Familiarity with high speed test equipment; oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic & spectrum analyzers - solid test & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to guide and oversee layout designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- Experience performing trade studies / tradeoff analyses
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills
- Strong problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- PCB layout capability (Cadence OrCAD or Altium Designer)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis and simulation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering discipline along with 7+ years of directly related experience and/or equivalent combination
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise
- Required to travel to NYC up to 25%
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.