Are you passionate about helping people solve technology problems? Peloton is looking for a bright, adaptable, and hardworking DevOps Engineer with a diverse set of skills that can thrive in a challenging, and rewarding environment. As a DevOps Engineer you will work across the teams in our North America footprint to provide and support IT streaming services, and studio operations. In this role a premium is put on customer service, and ultimately customer satisfaction by providing timely, accurate, and professional support. A successful candidate will excel in a fast paced team environment, and possess excellent communication skills while having a high degree of aptitude over a large scope of software, hardware, AWS hosting, and networking disciplines.
We’re looking for an experienced, passionate DevOps Engineer to scale and maintain our growing cloud services. The ideal candidate knows how to strike a balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk, can operate effectively in a fast-paced startup environment, and have worked with companies at our scale and beyond.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own all aspects of Peloton’s internal services and share ownership of customer facing infrastructure with other teams
- Work with Streaming Engineering to scale our content delivery systems and streamline our operation to reduce customer facing video quality issues
- Be responsible for all underlying technology and technology enabled workflows for studio operations, network operations, and system automation
- Manage and support our AWS hosting architecture, transcoding operations, CDN services, and CI/CD systems
- Manage and support our Identity and Access Management technologies, including new SSO integrations, and IAM automations
- Develop monitoring and incident alerting systems to aid in a proactive approach to outages, partial outages, and “failure imminent metrics” of all our SaaS, internal, and physical systems
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies
- Proficient in setting up, developing and maintaining large distributed computer networks within an organization. You'll offer support to users, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. You may, in some cases, also be involved in designing new networks.
- Proficient experience in fully automated CI/CD (Jenkins/CircleCI)
- Proficient with Okta or other Single Sign-On IDaaS solutions
- Solid experience with Identity and Access Management controls (Okta, BetterCloud, Duo)
- Experience automating access controls (both physical and digital) based on end user metadata
- Solid experience managing, monitoring, and supporting high traffic environments
- Experience collaborating with Web/Software Development teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Solid back end experience with Amazon Web Services, and deployment via Terraform
- Proficient experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible)
- Proficient scripting skills in Python 3 and Bash
- Proficient in developing, debugging, and optimizing complex content delivery pipelines
- Experience with CDN technologies associated with HLS stream delivery (Akamai, CloudFront, etc).
- Experience with workflows and underlying technologies associated with broadcast studio operations, content origination, post processing, etc.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.