Peloton’s International Controller will be responsible for the monthly/quarterly/annual close in support of the International businesses of Peloton in accordance with US GAAP. The present scope encompasses the UK and Germany businesses of Peloton and will expand to other European businesses as the product is launched in new countries. The position will be based in London and report to the Global Controller (based in New York) with a dotted line to the Director, International Finance, also based in London.
- Manage and oversee the international “record to report” process including the general ledger and the preparation of International business unit financial statements in a timely manner for local management, for U.S. consolidation, external and statutory reporting purposes.
- Take responsibility for core functional areas of responsibility including cash, operating expenses/accounts payable, intercompany and inventory.
- Certain functional areas will be performed centrally at HQ in support of international as a shared service
- Adhere to close timetable, oversee balance sheet account reconciliations utilizing Blackline, review and approve journal entries, analytically review procedures and adherence to proper segregation of duties consistent with a public company internal control environment
- Collaborate with the Director, International Finance and local management as needed to support forecasts, budgets and special projects
- Work with the Director, International Finance to identify and explain any significant variances or anomalies to prior periods and forecasts
- Collaborate with HQ, as required, in the preparation of public company/external reports including the preparation of monthly financial package and related schedules for transmission to NY
- Ensure local tax compliance and accurate VAT reporting
- Support HQ in the completion of the US GAAP external audit as well as local statutory audits, as required
- Share technical information & updates with the finance department to ensure colleagues are aware of statutory changes
- Manage a team of 3-5 employees
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA or chartered credential required
- “Big 4” Public Accounting experience a plus
- Experience in relevant industry (SAAS, technology) a plus.
- Familiarity with being a member of a US public company a distinct advantage, but not essential.
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus
- Ability to identify and solve accounting issues.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.
- A successful applicant will have a hands-on pro-active approach, with the ability to manage a team, command respect and get the job done with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency/fluency in foreign languages is an advantage although not essential.
- Sound judgment with an aptitude for process improvement
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues to drive involvement and engagement
- Ability to manage and engage with different level of stakeholders through superior communication and presentation skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.