As a Video Streaming Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The position will entail being responsible for the Enterprise client services in use at Peloton and helping to craft the backend systems that will depend on as the company continues to grow. You should be comfortable seeing a project through from start to end; including identify areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, being able to describe to others why you chose the approach you did, and then implementing the solution; you are both a thinker and a doer. You dream big and then make things happen. You should love automating things, we want people who want to work smarter, not harder!
- Become a part of the core team that maintains, extends and improves our video backend based on state of the art technology
- Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and operate our video services
- Experience with programming in Python or Go
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- In-depth knowledge of open source tools like ffmpeg, vlc, libav
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Experience in working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems and error reporting systems
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
- The right person will possess significant hands on implementation or consulting experience and demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer facing roles in the field of video, visual effects delivering software architecture and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partner and customers.
- Experience working with end user or developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners and programs.
- Experience with identity management (OAuth, Open ID Connect, SAML, etc.)
- Experience with digital rights management
- Experience with video codecs and compression
- Experience working with content encoding and transcoding
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand
- Experience working with AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.