The Associate, Test Engineering assists the Test and Reliability Engineering team to develop, validate, and run testing on new and existing products. The right candidate for this role possess the technical ability, problem solving skills, and communication skills to build and troubleshoot test fixtures as well as the rigorous organization to run and monitor critical development and sustaining tests. As an individual the ideal candidate is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to create world class products.
This job is based in the US and requires travel within the NYC metro area. This role reports to the Test and Reliability Engineer.
- Help quote, build, and validate test equipment that meet required test standards as defined by Peloton’s internal test plans
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results
- Author test SOP/WIs for operating necessary equipment and performing tests repeatedly
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of moderately complex test set ups
- Develop automatic test measurement routines to provide required measurement accuracy and maximized test throughput
- Generate detailed testing reports for communicating results of testing to internal teams and performing FA when requested
- Maintain technical logs, files, records, and databases
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep (including calibration) of lab equipment
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with emphasis on mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience in a testing environment performing above responsibilities
- Must be capable of reading electrical and mechanical drawings
- Must have experience with Labview
- Working knowledge with the following tools:
- Oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, multimeters, soldering equipment, basic shop tools, CNC, etc
- Motor systems (stepper, DC, AC)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience with CAD; Solidworks a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills based on continually changing work environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.