The Manufacturing Engineer (Sustaining), works in a cross-functional environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with responsibility for sustaining product change support to maintain Peloton’s production and quality requirements.
The Manufacturing Engineer (Sustaining) works closely with engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to drive continuous improvement into Peloton’s world-class products.
- Lead/support sustaining engineering projects including Engineering Change Request (ECR), Critical Issue Resolution (CIR), Supplier Request for Engineering Approval (SREA), by gaining cross-functional approval, ensuring JIRA, PDM & documentation management accuracy.
- Create 3D models of components and assemblies, fixtures, floor layouts, etc., as needed. Maintain, correct & update CAD drawings & BOM’s for product sustaining activities.
- Lead product teardowns and re-assembly for cost reduction opportunities, root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, capability analysis, etc.
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task. Develop & manage internal/external project schedules.
- Prepare, present project status and updates to Peloton leadership, and perform other duties as required.
- BS in Engineering
- Expert-level functionality of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.
- Advanced user of Excel, Minitab, SPC (CP/CPk analysis) etc.
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to develop, interpret, manage FMEA, DFMEA, PFEMA, Six Sigma projects, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a hands-on manufacturing, assembly environment
- Previous experience in product testing, validation, tear-down, and sustaining activities
- Develop/interpret work instructions, SOP’s, process maps, etc.
- Ability to interpret component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings with
- Use of machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, including CNC machining, injection molding, welding, and metal forming, etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA, IEC-60204, NFPA-79, Ergonomics, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Assist with writing assembly/manufacturing processes, machine specifications for new or modified equipment and/or obtaining agreement on specifications of equipment
- Consumer hardware product improvement, issue root cause analysis and corrective action experience (desired)
- Microsoft Office applications
- This position requires domestic & international travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 25% or more as needed
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.