Senior QA Automation Engineer
Peek is revolutionizing the travel activities space. The New York Times called Peek.com “a site you want to visit again and again”, and CNBC labeled Peek as the “OpenTable for activities”. Peek’s CEO was named one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30. The company is backed by tech heavyweights including Google’s Eric Schmidt, Square’s Jack Dorsey and TPG’s David Bonderman.
The Sr. QA Engineer is an integral part of the Engineering team. You will be responsible for testing our services, as well as building out our test automation infrastructure. Our engineers participate in all aspects of running our platform at scale and have a healthy degree of impatience with manual processes and a passion for best of breed automation tools. You will be empowered to determine and implement the best solutions.
- You're passionate about quality
- You love working on small teams with a lot of responsibility, wearing several different hats, and successfully completing multiple projects at the same time
- You're dependable, reliable, and able to tackle complex issues with a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- You love researching and utilizing the best test automation tools and technology so that you’re building for the future and not just the present
- Evaluate, design, and recommend tools and frameworks for improving test automation.
- Exhibit ownership of the team automation suite - achieving consensus on the team automation strategy, ensuring test cases are properly designed, maintained and reviewed
- Work with the Product Owner to plan for future sprints and quarters, manage committed deliverables, shepherd cross-team dependencies, and consistently maintain a high level of quality.
- Mentor more junior members of the team
Skills & Experience
- 5-10+ years of QA experience in an engineering setting, with strong preference for operating in a technical space with high degree of critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong technical skills with expert scripting language & programming language experience
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of computer networks and internet protocols including http
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CI, Git
- Experience with Postman API Development Environment
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit program (SF)
- Apple equipment
- Weekly catered Peeknic lunch with speakers (e.g. Jack Dorsey of Twitter, Pete Flint of Trulia, SF District Attorney George Gascón)
- Free snacks & beverages
- Happy hours
- Partner Days (visit our favorite operators)
- Company retreats (e.g. Lake Tahoe, San Luis Obispo, Utah)
- Monthly Peek.com credits and more on work anniversary and for the holidays