This is an exciting, high-impact role with an opportunity to shape the future of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) that drives real business outcomes. And to help build a product marketing function from the ground up.
You will join a growing Product Marketing Management (PMM) team to launch new products, shape compelling messaging and positioning, and build content and buyer experiences that excite buyers across all channels. In this role, you will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing. You will collaborate closely with Product, Demand Generation, Sales, Customer Success, Creative.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Product Management and Sales to deeply understand and translate our technical value into business value for our buyers. Develop buyer and user personas, differentiated positioning and messaging, and content and buyer journeys that effectively communicate our unique value.
- Create stage-appropriate content that connects with those buyers in order to accelerate the lead-to-close journey: sales presentations, product sheets, demo scripts, battlecards, objection handling, Proposal and Request for Proposal (RFP) response templates, and other sales tools.
- Get direct feedback from the field to continuously improve messaging, content, and enablement efforts.
- Partner with Product Management on product launches that drive new customers to Pecan and increase adoption. Develop go-to-market plans, naming, pricing, communications plans, product roadmaps, and Pecan’s innovation message.
- Research and define our ideal customer profile (ICP), buyers, and buyer groups.
- Partner with customer advocates to build case studies, testimonials, speaking engagements and more, so they can tell their stories of how Pecan has helped them unlock transformational business improvement.
- Partner with Sales Operations and internal SMEs to create and deliver training that teaches Sales on how to effectively sell the value of Pecan.
- Partner with Demand Generation to ensure messaging and campaigns are consistent, that they perform for the ideal customer profile and buyer personas, and learn from in-market results to continuously improve our messaging and content.
- Support the product marketing team’s program to Identify competitors, evaluate their strategies, and devise counter-strategies and communication narratives to overcome competitive objections and Fear / Uncertainty / Doubt (FUD).
- Support the expansion of Pecan’s buyer and user personas and ICPs to new verticals and segments. Inform and build segmented buyer journeys, sales enablement, and demand generation programs.
- Partner with Marketing, Product, Customer Success, and Sales leadership on customer expansion strategies, including retention, upsell and cross-sell for your product area.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Exceptional written and verbal storytelling ability, including a proven ability to synthesize complex concepts and insights into simple, succinct narratives.
- Being customer value driven: focus on narratives, content and activities that align to customer need, and drive customer (and Pecan) understanding, alignment and decision-making.
- Creative builder: a proven problem solver who can quickly discern the crux of an issue, uses good judgment and creativity to recommend practical solutions that drive outcomes, and is resourceful in the face of limited time and budget.
- Ego-aware: knows how to work closely in teams, develop strong cross-functional and even executive relationships. Comfortable with rapidly changing or uncertain market and organization, requirements.
- Strong project management skills, and tactically adept to drive projects to successful completion.
Education and Demonstrated Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA is nice to have.
- 2+ years of experience in business-to-business technology product marketing, ideally in SaaS, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Science, AI/ML, or related technologies.
- Experience with driving enablement for enterprise field teams: sales, channels, field marketing.
- Experience with product and go-to-market teaming to bring new products to market and meet or over-achieve goals.
Pecan is a low-code predictive analytics platform that empowers business intelligence, operations, marketing, and sales teams to predict mission-critical outcomes – without any intervention from data scientists. Pecan’s predictions impact billions of dollars in revenue for fintech, insurance, retail, CPG, mobile apps, and consumer services companies of all sizes.
Pecan is a values driven company. We believe in success through a relentless focus on customer outcomes, and being ego aware, creative builders.