Background and Opportunity:
Pecan AI was founded in 2018 by co-founders Zohar Bronfman and Noam Brezis to bring the power of AI to every business team at every company. Pecan democratizes data science and AI by removing data scientists out of the equation and instead, puts the power of predictive modeling directly into the hands of business users across marketing, sales and product teams, and the BI analysts that support them. With Pecan, marketing, sales and product leaders leverage advanced data science techniques to predict future outcomes unlocking transformational improvements in their KPIs – such as growth of revenues and customer lifetime value, decrease in churn, and optimized inventory management. In one intuitive low-code platform, business analysts and their business partners can add data, deploy off-the-shelf predictive models, and predict what’s likely to happen in the future with a high degree of confidence – finally bringing AutoML within reach for all.
- Founded in 2018 by Zohar Bonfman (CEO) and Noam Brezis (CTO), PhDs in Computational Neuroscience.
- HQ in Tel Aviv with growing sales and marketing organization in the US
- 80 employees, quickly scaling to 100 by year end 2021
- Series B company with over $50M raised to date. Tier-1 investors, including: GGV, Dell Ventures, Mindset and S Capital. Series C to close in January 2022
- Marquee customers include Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Nestle, Dell, Mobile Premier League, Fiverr, SciPlay and Product Madness.
- Overall, 40+ customers across CPG, Retail, Healthcare, Gaming and E-Learning who use Pecan AI to unlock transformational improvement in their KPIs including growth of revenues and customer lifetime value, and decrease in churn.
About the Director of Product Marketing role:
This is an exciting, high-visibility & high-impact role with an opportunity to build a product marketing function at a high-growth, transformational company. You will create and grow the PMM team, launch new products, deliver world-class messaging and positioning, and guide content that enables the sales team to more effectively engage with prospects. In this role, you will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and will closely collaborate with demand generation, creative, content, product, customer success and sales teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define and research our ideal customer profile (ICP); Own positioning and messaging to effectively communicate our unique value.
- Partner with customers to build case studies, testimonial videos and webinars to tell stories of how Pecan’s AI-based predictive analytics platform has helped them unlock transformational improvement in their KPIs (e.g. growth of revenues, decrease in churn, and increased time to value).
- Develop foundational materials such as buyer journeys, personas, and content maps.
- Hire talent, provide day-to-day team leadership, establish clear roles, responsibilities, processes, and support of the team.
- Lead major product launches in partnership with Product, driving new customers to Pecan and increasing product adoption among existing customers. Develop GTM plans, naming, outbound communication plans and content, pricing recommendations, and partner cross-functionally on execution.
- Through internal and external research, become the expert on Pecan’s buyer and user personas in each vertical and segment – how they buy, their buying criteria, KPIs they’re responsible for. Use this knowledge to inform demand generation programs, messaging, content creation, channel programs, and product roadmap.
- Liaise with Product Management and Sales to create stage-appropriate content to accelerate lead-to-close journey (e.g. sales decks, product sheets, demo scripts, battle cards, objection handling kill-sheets, RFP response templates, etc.)
- Partner with Sales Operations and internal SMEs to create and deliver training that teaches Sales on how to effectively sell the value of Pecan.
- Work closely with the demand generation team to ensure messaging and campaigns are consistent and performing for the ideal customer profile and buyer personas.
- Partner with Product and Sales to identify competitors and evaluate their strategies. Devise counter-strategies and communication narratives to overcome competitive forces and train sales teams to overcome objections.
- Partner with Marketing, Product, Customer Success, and Sales leadership on establishing strategies to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product area
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Exceptional written and verbal storytelling ability, including synthesizing complex concepts and insights into simple, succinct narratives.
- Proven ability to work with product and go-to-market teams to bring new products to market and meet or over-achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex considerations and then frame them in a simple manner to drive collective understanding, alignment, and decision-making.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing at a SaaS company, preferably in the Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, or Data Science fields.
- At least 3 years in building marketing teams that consistently deliver standout results.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work tactically to drive projects to successful completion.
- An empathetic player / coach who leads from the front by modeling desired behavior and empowers their team members to win together and individually.
- A highly accountable leader who drives results while operating and excelling at strategic as well as tactical levels.
- Adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements that are inherent to high-growth, category-creating companies.
- Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an issue and use good judgement in recommending practical solutions.
- First-rate project management, teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills; comfort interacting at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with direct reports and peers, resilience in the face of natural change in a fast-moving environment and creative skills for envisioning new solutions and approaches.
- Collaborative, creative, impactful and resourceful.
- Proven experience driving enablement for field teams and channels.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA (nice to have)
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Retirement plan with company match
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible work schedule
- Customer-obsessed, highly collaborative and fun colleagues in the US and Israel