Pecan is an automated AI-based predictive analytics platform. It simplifies and accelerates the process of building and deploying predictive models in various business use-cases, such as life-time value, Churn, demand forecast and more. Pecan connects to the raw data and completely automates the data preparation, engineering and prepossessing phases, as well as the model training and evaluation lifecycle. It was acknowledged as one of Israel's 50 most promising startups two years in a row.
We’re looking for our very first full time UX writer to help us build a world where any data analyst can build ML based predictive models. As our first UX writer you’ll be creating immense impact by implementing UX writing as a core pillar of our design & research processes. This role entails writing specifically for product experience. We believe that copy-driven design shapes hierarchy and understanding just as much as any other interface elements. That's why we embed writers deep in the product team. You will be working with designers, PMs, and product marketers across the company. We place a strong emphasis on our users’ success. In that effort, language has a huge impact.
As part of the role you will be responsible for:
- Make the interaction with our product more human, conversational, and clear.
- Create intuitive user-centered content strategy and write all the copy across our product, both on macro and micro scales. This includes: feature names, navigation, tooltips, in-app messages, instructions, push notification, emails, and more.
- Make Pecan easier to use - through language, copy, and narrative.
- Define the terms we use for features, actions, concepts, and our information architecture. Build and maintain a product terms library for consistent company-wide use.
- Collaborate with our User Research team on qualitative and quantitative research with a focus on optimizing terminology and value propositions.
- Build and maintain our entire knowledge base to empower users with self-serve learning.
- Create professional blogs and product newsletters for our entire customer base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Love and obsession for words and the slightest differences in the feelings and meanings they convey.
- Core UX writing skills: Metadata, information architecture, taxonomy, search, and wayfinding/navigation.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards/guidelines across an organization.
- Successful history of introducing UX writing into a company’s practices.
- Stickler for consistent brand voice and style.
- 3+ years of professional writing experience.
- Experience writing for SAAS products.
- Experience writing for data-products - huge advantage
- 2-3 years of proven technical writing experience with topic-based writing and delivering content to enable a rich and engaging learning experience
- Experience in building technical knowledge-base and maintaining it.