About Pear Therapeutics:
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics or PDTs. Pear aims to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including the first three PDTs with disease treatment claims from the FDA. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, for the treatment of substance use disorder, was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of opioid use disorder, was the first PDT to receive Breakthrough Designation. Pear’s third product, Somryst™, for the treatment of chronic insomnia, was the first PDT submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit Pear at www.peartherapeutics.com.
Reporting to the VP and Global Head of Market Access, Value Evidence, the Senior Director, Governments Accounts role is a highly visible and critically important position within the company. Pear Government Account Directors develop working relationships with key decision makers in formulary and medical management within designated target accounts to ensure patient access to Pear’s portfolio of products. These accounts include State Medicaid Agencies and may include Medicaid ACOs, Medicaid MCOs, Medicaid PBMs, VA/DoD and other public payer and Federal accounts, as appropriate. This individual will place themselves in a position to influence and educate the formulary, purchasing and/or reimbursement decision-making processes at all levels, including Directors/VPs of Pharmacy, Medical, Clinical, Policy, Care Management, Quality, Innovation and State Medicaid Directors. This position will be responsible for implementing the company’s strategic market access and reimbursement objectives and providing cross-functional leadership and collaboration with external and internal stakeholders, including Pear’s Executive Team.
This individual will demonstrate specific competencies through influence selling, utilizing clinical knowledge and value propositions, health economic and real world evidence, marketing resources, executive level relationship building and leveraging and negotiating contracts which may include outcomes based rebates. In contract negotiations, this individual will demonstrate strong financial stewardship for the company. Additionally, this individual will be involved in high level, cross functional decisions working with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, Corporate Accounts and other internal departments.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for optimum product coverage positioning within each targeted public payer customer in assigned geography including State Medicaid Agencies and other regional or Federal accounts as defined by Pear market access leadership
- Build strong account relationships at all levels, including executives, advocacy groups and agency heads, to enable sales growth of Pear’s novel prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) product portfolio
- Collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with managed care execution of overall corporate strategy
- Support strategic plans with defined tactics and objectives to move government payer decisions in a direction that continues to open access for the appropriate patients
- Be a trusted advisor and expert in Pear’s PDT portfolio and disease states with the ability to educate and ensure optimal pull-through effectiveness for access program offerings and workflow implementations
- Collaborate with Health Economics, RWE, Medical, Data Science and other commercial functional in the development, coordination and delivery of clinical presentations and PDT value propositions with the goal of ensuring appropriate access within national and regional payers
- Assess competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption
- Collaborate with Provider Sales organization to educate on regional public payer access and coverage for Pear products in addition to helping resolve unique reimbursement challenges that may arise
- Implement and lead customer level strategic plans that are aligned with the brand strategy
- Negotiate agreements as needed with customers demonstrating corporate financial stewardship
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the public payer landscape, customers, reimbursement, healthcare and digital trends. Effectively communicate this knowledge to Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs and other core cross functional teams
- Demonstrate interpersonal skillfulness that fortifies working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, Medical Affairs and other key departments to ensure adoption and execution of overall strategic plan and exceeding sales targets
- Serve as Player-Coach, with accountability for a defined government account set, while providing management and leadership support to the Government Accounts team and VP of Market Access, Value & Evidence
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required
- A minimum of 8-10 years pharmaceutical, medical device or payer industry experience in sales, marketing, managed care, contracting or other relevant commercial function
- Government Payer Account Management experience, including proven market access success and current organizational agility with large State Medicaid Agencies (eg. NY, FL, TX, OH, etc.) and line management experience is required. PA, CO, KY, LA, MD, MN, MA State Medicaid Agency experience is a plus, as is Federal account (VA, DoD, HIS, Bureau of Prisons) management experience.
- Proven ability to work independently, adhere to specific timelines and execute on business plan initiatives
- Deep knowledge of the CMS and Medicaid rules, regulations standards and processes
- Strong account management skill set with extensive experience in strategic and tactical planning, execution and negotiation skills with proven track record of success
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Innovative thinker with an understanding of legal / regulatory environment
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment utilizing decision making skills to interpret the business quickly and pave new pathways
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 50% travel required
- Integrity and trust
- Transparency and collaboration
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.