About Pear Therapeutics:
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics or PDTs. Pear aims to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including the first three PDTs with disease treatment claims from the FDA. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, for the treatment of substance use disorder, was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of opioid use disorder, was the first PDT to receive Breakthrough Designation. Pear’s third product, Somryst™, for the treatment of chronic insomnia, was the first PDT submitted through FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously reviewed through FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program. For more information, visit Pear at www.peartherapeutics.com.
At Pear Therapeutics, Health Economics & Real-World Evidence is a new team which forms part of the Market Access Value and Evidence (MAVE) team. The HE&RWE team is critical to educating about the economic and humanistic value of Pear's pioneering therapeutics for payers and health care systems, ultimately creating access through joint efforts with MAVE and Medical Affairs partners. Our current treatments focus on substance-use disorder, opioid-use disorder, and chronic insomnia, and we have a robust product pipeline that looks to create treatments for schizophrenia, Alzheimer's, Bipolar Disorder, and more.
We are seeking a highly experienced and self-motivated individual to join our Health economics & Real-World Evidence (HE&RWE) Team at Pear Therapeutics. Candidate must have a passion for serving patients through high quality health economic and real-world evidence generation activities. As such, the primary role of the Director of HE&RWE will be to support favorable coverage decisions for Pear’s PDTs, through compelling presentations to payer decision-makers while also contributing to the execution of well-informed and well-designed strategic research projects, scientific communications, stakeholder tool development (product dossiers, proactive/reactive presentations, response letters), and cross-functional decision-making.
Candidate must have a strong background in outstanding customer relations, and value and evidence presentation in the field. Candidate must also have demonstrated strong managerial skills and be both a strategic thinker and effective tactician, able to work cross-functionally with Market Access, Data Science, Medical Affairs, Commercial, Engineering and Product Development colleagues to deliver high quality and timely outcomes with minimal supervision. This role will report to the Head of HE&RWE, which forms part of the Market Access Value & Evidence team at Pear.
- Deliver proactive and reactive payer presentations in the field to support formulary wins
- Respond in a timely and compliant manner to customer requests for health care economic information
- Leverage payer insights to inform the development and refinement of research initiatives and customer-facing tools.
- Conceptualize, implement, and manage HE&RWE projects and studies from design to dissemination, including but not limited to the following: retrospective database analyses, real world evidence generation, payer research collaborations cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models, chart reviews, surveys, systematic reviews, payer dossiers, and the preparation and critical review of communication tools.
- Provide strategic input and recommendations to product development programs by identifying study design elements to deliver evidence needed for scientific publications and payer submissions including identifying appropriate target patient populations, comparators, and study endpoints
- Collaborate with product development and Medical Affairs in the identification of health economic and clinical outcome assessments supporting the economic, real-world clinical, and humanistic value of Pear PDTs
- In collaboration with the Head of HE&RWE, develop and refine comprehensive and compelling HE&RWE publication strategy, in alignment with the scientific communication strategy
- At least 7 years of Market Access and health economics and outcomes experience, with substantial experience in field-based payer presentations and formulary wins
- Life sciences degree; post-graduate degree preferred
- Preferred to have advanced degree related to health economics and/or outcomes research (MSc or PhD)
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic areas
- Integrity and trust
- Transparency and collaboration
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, genetic information, qualified physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition, qualified military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absences, compensation and training.