Pearl Abyss America, Inc. - the team behind Black Desert and the upcoming titles DokeV and Crimson Desert - is seeking a high-performing, creative, results-oriented and quality-obsessed Translator to help accelerate our gaming reach to millions of customers across all platforms (PC, Mobile, Console, etc.) in North America.
The video games industry is transforming how players are entertained, communicating with each other, and interacting online and on their digital devices. As a highly skilled in-house translator, you will be responsible for the overall quality of translation work produced across different platforms, but not limited to, internal documents, email translations, patch notes, and/or checklists. They are responsible for ensuring that all assigned projects are completed in a timely manner with the highest quality.
The Translator will be in a highly collaborative role, creative, and work with results-oriented teams -- LiveOps, Marketing, Public Relations, etc. They will be disciplined to adhere to production schedules and meet deadlines. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to ensure all Pearl Abyss current and future titles will achieve the company’s business goals in the North America.
LOCATION: Manhattan Beach, CA (Los Angeles)
- Bilingual in English and Korean language is mandatory (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Ensure all translations produced by South Korea or North America meet set brand specifications and the company’s quality standards.
- Translate internal documents. Specifically, translate content update, plans, patch notes, community reports, planning documents for marketing, public relations, marketing assets, and internal slack or e-mail communications.
- Ensure North America work is delivered on time and is of the highest quality.
- Develop, improve, implement, and document translation processes and workflow and recommend improvements to enhance the quality of the final products.
- Other duties as assigned in and outside of translation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven work experience in translation
- Bilingual in English and Korean language is mandatory (reading, writing and speaking)
- Ability to excel in a team environment, ability to build/maintain positive relationships through strong collaboration efforts.
- Ability to "roll up their sleeves" and have a mindset to get any job done
- May require evening and weekend hours.
- Avid Black Desert Online player
- Passion for video games
- Experience with Slack, Google Docs, Microsoft Office software as a service platforms
PEARL ABYSS AMERICA BENEFITS
In addition to having a great culture, some of our benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) 100% covered by the company for you and up to 3 of your dependents
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Retirement Plan (401K) - Company matching up to 5%
- Pet Insurance covered by the company, for employee's pet animals (up to 3 pets)
- Personal and Professional Development Wallet - $100/month
- Life Style Wallet - $170/month Individual Allowance
- Tiny Human Wallet - $500/month child subsidy
- Paid Time Off - PTO (Vacation, Sick Days, Public Holidays & Winter Break)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Company sponsored Korean Classes
- Free Gym Access (in the company office building)
- Free Lunch in the Office
- Stocked kitchen
- Regular team outings and company events (temporarily suspended due to Covid)
What We Need:
- Cover Letter
Pearl Abyss America is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by reaching out to email@example.com
To all recruitment agencies: Pearl Abyss does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Pearl Abyss employees or any other organization location. Pearl Abyss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.