PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across several investment areas. We cover everything, spanning from early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management while lending an eye and providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms. The list includes OptionsHouse (sold to General Atlantic in 2014). Today, our team consists of a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a crypto currency brokerage, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
This role is based out of Chicago.
What you’ll do all day:
- Define, develop, deploy and operate a number of reactive, autonomous micro-services that are the foundation of the new PEAK6 platform
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise
- Develop and maintain a clean and consistent API for both internal applications and external client applications
- Write self-documenting and well-tested code with an emphasis on sustainable development practices
- Work as a part of small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices
What you need to succeed:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other demanding engineering degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 3 or more years of professional experience working as a part of a multi-person development team that utilizes automated testing, CI pipelines, peer reviews ideally in an Agile Environment.
- Our application is written mostly in Golang. A strong proficiency and in-depth understanding of at least one of the following core languages is a must: Golang, Java, C++, or C#. Where your main language is not Golang, willingness to learn/use Golang is a must
- Demonstrated skills in process and algorithm design
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions and distributed architecture
- Experience with Kafka, Protobufs, and reactive, multi-tenant applications is a big plus
- A DevSecOps mindset and experience with cloud-native applications and infrastructure-as-code is a plus