PDT Partners is looking for a highly technical Security Engineer to help develop and implement security solutions, and associated policies and technical standards that are critical to our operational security. Working closely with our information security specialists, systems administrators, and software engineers, the Security Engineer will be responsible for maturing the security program of our firm’s core infrastructure and software expansion in the cloud.
This is an excellent opportunity for an expert technical security engineer to direct the way we develop and deploy software. Serving as subject matter expert on information security topics, you will provide technical guidance and support to a variety of large-scale projects across the firm. Our ideal candidate is a superb communicator with broad hands-on technical skills, excellent judgment, and information security domain expertise with a focus on cloud and container technologies.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 30+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Manage end-to-end technical security evaluation of internal and third-party systems, secure architecture design, post implementation review, and identification of detective approaches to ensure ongoing security operations.
- Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of the overall cloud and container security architecture.
- Lead and execute large cross-functional security projects, collaborating with internal teams on security requirements.
- Identify the need for new controls, and lead their design, testing, and implementation.
- Analyze security vulnerabilities in technical depth, determining applicability, remediation, or potential compensating controls.
- Amplify security mindset and culture throughout the organization.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in computing and information security.
- Experience with security configuration management and auditing of cloud security projects.
- Practical, hands-on knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud) and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with security design of complex architectures, threat modeling, and data protection.
- Proficient in at least three of the following domains: network security, Linux and Windows security, cloud and container security, and software security.
- Software development experience (Python, Go, C++) with a focus on secure configuration and automation.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
The salary range for this role is between $195,000 and $225,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: For information on ways PDT may collect, use, and process your personal information, please see PDT’s privacy notices.