PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, seeks a sharp, fast learner who’s excited to support a number of senior leaders in our Research organization. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has outstanding administrative skills and a knack for excelling with minimal direction.
Our ideal hire is someone who can seamlessly handle all the core parts of an admin role (things like managing complex calendars, prepping for meetings, and drafting correspondence), alongside streamlining procedures and collaborating on larger events and projects. For this person, no task is too small or too large. Exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills are essential, as are independence, integrity, and discretion. This position reports to our Office Manager and is an integral part of the office management team, but also involves working with just about everyone here, from our business operations team to our researchers and technologists.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 30+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world - measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- With precision, reliability, and promptness, perform an array of admin work for multiple senior leaders (including scheduling, answering emails and calls, preparing expense reports, arranging travel, and ordering meals).
- Anticipate and fulfill needs before others mention them.
- Contribute to special projects and event planning, from start to finish.
- Constantly seek ways to improve our administrative and operational efficiency.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the firm.
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 3-7 years of relevant experience preferred.
- An energetic, friendly, and ambitious team player who knows how to prioritize and follow through.
- A curious, practical, and creative mind, with exceptionally high attention to detail—the type that enjoys figuring out root causes, then fixing them.
- A can-do, empathetic spirit matched with poise, especially when the unexpected pops up.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Highly organized and meticulously detail-oriented.
- Some Personal Assistant experience could be additive, but is not required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an excellent academic program.
The salary range for this role is between $90,000 and $115,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: For information on ways PDT may collect, use, and process your personal information, please see PDT’s privacy notices.