PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, seeks an analytical, detail and team oriented Corporate Accountant to join our management company’s accounting team. This is a great opportunity to hone existing accounting, analysis, and reporting skills, while diving deeply into the financial operations of a global hedge fund.
Sitting at the center of PDT’s business operations, the Corporate Accountant will work closely with almost every team at PDT, on both budgeting and financial planning, as well as ad-hoc analysis projects. The hedge fund industry itself is complex, so you’ll also get a lot of exposure to the specialized tax laws we encounter.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our funds, not their size. PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse. We value your intelligence, creativity, and tenacity more than direct prior experience.
- Managing the budgeting, forecasting and financial planning and analysis processes
- Oversee books and records of the management company and GP
- Responsible for regulatory reporting for the management company
- Work closely with external accountants on tax compliance and auditing
- Partner with the Procurement Team to properly track assets
- Work with Fund Accounting team on repayment of the fund expense allocation
- Preparation of financial statements
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 3+ years of accounting experience - hedge fund experience not required
- CPA preferred
- Highly-proficient in Excel, and familiarity with other database applications
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Analytically-inclined and keenly interested in problem-solving
- Process and improvement-oriented
Education: Bachelor's degree from an excellent academic program.
The salary range for this role is between $115,000 and $150,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.