We are looking for a polished, energetic, and extremely friendly Receptionist/Office Assistant to find a long-term home on our Office Management team. Our ideal hire is someone who can seamlessly handle all the core parts of an admin role (things like managing complex calendars, prepping for meetings, and drafting correspondence), alongside everything that comes with working at the front desk of our global headquarters in Midtown Manhattan.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a hospitality mindset who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills are essential, as are independence, integrity, and discretion. For this person, no task is too small or, over time, too large. Members of PDT's Office Management team are collaborative, flexible, and excellent multi-taskers.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 28+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world - measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- With precision, reliability, and promptness, perform an array of admin work (including scheduling, answering emails and calls, planning & setting up events, preparing expense reports, arranging travel, and ordering meals).
- Help with a variety of Office Management related tasks, including office moves and working closely with building maintenance.
- Assist with maintaining office facilities, including tending to pantries, stocking supply rooms, etc.
- Provide excellent experience for clients, candidates, and all visitors to PDT’s global headquarters in Manhattan.
- Constantly seek ways to improve our administrative and operational efficiency.
- Typical hours vary between 7:45am-6:30pm, with occasional potential for overtime in the future.
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Administrative/executive/personal assistant, office management, retail or hospitality experience is helpful, though we also welcome applicants without that experience who may be seeking a position with predictable hours (e.g., to facilitate the pursuit of interests outside of work).
- Skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various phone systems, Zoom, and internet tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Highly organized and meticulously detail-oriented.
- A curious, practical, and creative mind, with exceptionally high attention to detail—the type that enjoys figuring out root causes, then fixing them.
- A can-do, empathetic spirit matched with poise, especially when the unexpected pops up.
- Bachelor’s degree and a strong academic background.
The salary range for this role is between $66,500 and $72,500. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.