Senior Network Engineer
PDT’s quantitative investment business is powered by a world-class technology platform spanning research computing, low-latency trading, application development, and systems engineering. For our business to thrive, our network infrastructure must be quick, reliable, and innovative. Our Network Engineering team is small and nimble, and our network engineers manage the entire technology lifecycle, from design and concept to support.
We are looking for a talented Network Engineer to join us. The Network Engineering team requires excellent problem-solving abilities, curiosity, and discipline to carry projects from idea to delivery, and strong communication and collaboration skills. Although this role lives squarely in the network space, our senior technologists should be strong enough generalists to successfully work alongside our other Platform teams responsible for HPC infrastructure, container orchestration, CI/CD, Linux, and cloud.
Why work with us? PDT Partners has a stellar thirty-year track record and a reputation for excellence. We strive to be the best quantitative investment firm on the planet, not by assets under management, but by the quality of our products. As a place to work, PDT’s extremely high employee retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Plan, build, and operate our next-generation network infrastructure to drive our research-driven quantitative trading business, leveraging both on-prem and cloud technologies
- Own the network platform roadmap and work with the rest of our systems and software teams on projects and improvements
- Optimize our environment’s performance, latency, and resilience, propose and implement new automation and monitoring tools and methods, and manage capacity planning
- Identify problems before they happen – own incident response and escalations
- Mentor, coach, and collaborate with the team and the company
- Fortify our network security by testing, configuring, and deploying new technologies and tools
- Interface with leading vendors to understand upcoming and innovative solutions
- 5+ years of highly relevant, hands-on professional experience
- Deep understanding of network fundamentals and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, multicast, etc.)
- Experience designing and operating datacenters, as well as WAN, campus, and cloud networks
- Practical systems programming ability (preferably Python)
- While not strictly required, an ideal candidate would have experience in Layer 1 networks and DWDM, automation frameworks, and cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent industry experience
The salary range for this role is between $175,000 and $225,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.