PDT Partners is looking for a highly collaborative Security Analyst to enhance our security program through gathering, analyzing, and acting on security incident & event management (Splunk SIEM) signals. This is a great opportunity for an experienced blue team security specialist to contribute significantly to our global hedge fund business as part of our Information Security Team in New York City.
As a member of the Information Security Team, you will provide expert guidance on security monitoring, incident response, and cyber threat intelligence. In addition, you will help to mature our detection & response efforts using a wide variety of methods and tools. Our ideal candidate is hands-on and very technical, passionate about emerging threats, and building appropriate detection use-cases. Someone with very high attention to detail and strong security operational skills, who is also interested in contributing to our overall information security program.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-eight-year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Manage the triage analysis and verification of security threats reported by Splunk.
- Perform data analysis, aggregation, and event correlation.
- Build and improve custom signatures, searches, alerts, and dashboards in Splunk focused on improving security threat visibility.
- Perform incident response and technical analysis for forensic investigations.
- Identify and close detection gaps to improve our security posture.
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in cyber defense, security operations, and/or incident response.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience and knowledge in using Splunk as a SIEM.
- Passion for learning about adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) and interest in creating innovative detection techniques.
- Experience with scripting and automation.
- Technical skills in, or exposure to, a wide variety of threat detection & response tools.
- Security Operations Center (SOC) experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
DISCLAIMER: This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). PDT will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, PDT will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.