End-User Computing Engineer
PDT runs on enterprise technology that is managed by a small group of talented engineers. We’re looking to add an extraordinary End-User Computing Engineer to our team. Our dream candidate has several years of experience in an enterprise environment, exhibits strong troubleshooting skills, has excellent judgment, and is passionate about technology.
The Enterprise Engineering team has a very broad set of responsibilities. As a member of our team, you’ll work on a variety of tasks: designing and implementing solutions, writing automation, troubleshooting challenging issues that span multiple technologies. We believe it’s important for engineers at PDT to own the entire lifecycle of their products; we’re small and nimble enough that allows you to get your hands dirty while still being transformative.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-nine-year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world - measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Initiate and execute complex EUC projects from gathering requirements to post-rollout support, with focus on excellent user experience and robust technical solutions.
- Improve and optimize our desktop/laptop/mobile environment and its supporting infrastructure, propose and implement new solutions and tools, and build automation between systems.
- Proactively monitor the environment, identify and prevent potential problems.
- Advise and mentor junior administrators on how to build excellent solutions and strong operational procedures.
- Create and update documentation for new and existing solutions for use by other engineers, administrators and end-users.
Below is a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people:
- Deep technical expertise in several of the following Microsoft technologies: Windows endpoints, Azure AD/Conditional Access, Intune, MFA, SCCM, GPO, OneDrive, SharePoint.
- Familiarity with Apple products in the enterprise: MacOS, iOS, JAMF.
- Experience with endpoint network and security products: VPN, AV, Splunk.
- Strong knowledge of Windows PowerShell, including developing end-to-end automation.
- A passion for technology paired with initiative, optimism, and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, desire and ability to get to the root cause of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex technical concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent quality of work, both engineering and operational.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with a wide range of stakeholders, understand their needs and deliver excellent technical solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in a medium-to-large organization, including 3+ years of engineering experience.
The salary range for this role is between $155,000 and $225,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.