PDT runs on enterprise technology that is managed by a small group of talented engineers. We’re looking to add an extraordinary Enterprise Engineer to our team. Our dream candidate has several years of experience in an enterprise environment, exhibits strong troubleshooting skills, has excellent judgment and is passionate about technology.
Enterprise Engineering team has a very broad set of responsibilities. As a member of our team, you’ll work on a variety of tasks: designing and implementing solutions and automation, troubleshooting challenging issues that span multiple technologies. While we have a Systems Admin team to handle most front-line support requests, we think it’s important for Engineers at PDT to own the entire lifecycle of their products; we’re small and nimble enough that you can get your hands dirty while still being transformative.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+-year track-record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Design and build systems, applications, and infrastructure.
- Improve and optimize our environment, propose and implement new tools and methods, and build automation between systems.
- Identify problems before they happen and develop systems that prevent them.
- Advise and mentor junior administrators on how to build excellent solutions and strong operational procedures.
- Create and update documentation for new and existing solutions for use by other engineers, administrators and end-users.
- Broad experience with enterprise platforms and applications: Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop, AD, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, O365, Azure, Intune, VMware vSphere, Apple MacOS.
- A passion for technology paired with initiative, optimism, and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, desire and ability to get to the root cause of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex technical concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows PowerShell, including developing end-to-end infrastructure automation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a medium-to-large organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.