PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in creative, sustainable, solutions provided with an appreciation for quality and community. With more than $50M in revenue and nearly 300 employees, PBS team members are turning challenges into solutions through our growing Pacific Northwest offices.
Learn more about what it’s like to work with us: pbsusa.com/careers
We are currently seeking to add a Mid-Level Civil Engineer to our dynamic team in Vancouver, Washington.
$95,000 to $110,000 annually, full time with benefits.
This position will serve a key role in delivering dynamic projects which support our communities. Project types vary from local agency transportation projects including signalized/roundabout intersection improvements, highway interchanges, and road corridors, to a variety of land development projects including residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional projects. This position will work in a collaborative team with client-facing opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or similar field
- PE in Washington or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- 6+ years of design experience
- Proficient with design software such as AutoCAD Civil3D, or MicroStation Inroads
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with local development codes and standards
- Positive attitude and willingness to work collaboratively
- Authorization to work in the US
- Valid Driver’s License
- A background in road and site design in the Pacific Northwest
- Familiarity with the AASHTO, MUTCD, ODOT/WSDOT Design Manuals
- Familiarity with local agency design standards
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead design teams on small to moderate sized projects and work as a discipline lead on large projects
- Perform civil engineering design tasks associated with state and local municipal public works and land development projects
- Lead design teams and technical staff to develop construction documents, prepare technical reports, and coordinate with subconsultants
- Apply flexibility and creativity to develop solutions to a variety of technical challenges
- Commitment to personal and corporate professional development
- Participate and represent PBS in professional organizations
At PBS, we value our people and their personal and professional growth. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion create an environment that fosters this growth and where people can build fulfilling, long-term, careers.
Qualifying employee benefits may include but are not limited to 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental/orthodontic, vision, FSA, DCA, Employee Assistance Program, alternative/naturopathic care, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, family building benefits, wellness stipend, tuition reimbursement program, donation matching, PTO, paid holidays, annual bonuses, paid volunteer hours, and pet insurance.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).