PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in creative, sustainable, solutions provided with an appreciation for quality and community. With more than $50M in revenue and nearly 300 employees, PBS team members are turning challenges into solutions through our growing Pacific Northwest offices.
Learn more about what it’s like to work with us: pbsusa.com/careers
We are currently seeking to add a Senior Wetland Scientist to our dynamic Natural Resources team in Portland, Oregon.
$105,000 to $115,000 annually, in office full-time with benefits.
This position will serve as a senior voice to our clients and staff by managing a variety of projects and leading our Portland Natural Resources team. This role reports to PBS’ Natural Resources Principal and works with other Senior Project Managers, Market Sector Managers, and Client Managers. Projects range from wetland delineations, permitting, mitigation design, wetland planning, natural resource planning, shoreline restoration, NEPA documentation, and ESA compliance. In addition, this position will assist in the development of PBS’ Natural Resources strategic marketing plan. There will be an expectation to expand our existing client base and revenues over the next five years.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology or related discipline
- 8+ years of Project Manager experience showing growth in responsibilities
- 5+ years in a supervisory role
- Experience developing and implementing successful client-focused marketing plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary project team
- Valid Driver’s License
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Knowledge on the implementation of the regulatory framework associated with regulations, permitting, and compliance
- Experience working on local, state, and federal transportation projects
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Portland office’s Natural Resources group
- Mentor and grow the PBS Natural Resources team
- Manage projects’ scope, budget development, staff oversight, and project implementation from initial project scoping through closeout
- Develop the Natural Resources practice within PBS including clients such as transportation, facilities, education, port, and energy sectors
- Identify new opportunities through PBS’s client base and develop these into business
At PBS, we value our people and their personal and professional growth. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion create an environment that fosters this growth and where people can build fulfilling, long-term, careers.
Qualifying employee benefits may include but are not limited to 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental/orthodontic, vision, FSA, DCA, Employee Assistance Program, alternative/naturopathic care, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, family building benefits, wellness stipend, tuition reimbursement program, donation matching, PTO, paid holidays, annual bonuses, paid volunteer hours, and pet insurance.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).