PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in creative, sustainable, solutions provided with an appreciation for quality and community. With more than $50M in revenue and nearly 300 employees, PBS team members are turning challenges into solutions through our growing Pacific Northwest offices.
Learn more about what it’s like to work with us: pbsusa.com/careers
We are currently seeking to add a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our dynamic team in Issaquah, Washington.
$150,000 to $180,000 annually, full-time, with benefits.
PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is committed to the communities we impact, client relationships we build, and our team of employees in each one of our eight offices. This position will have a key role in a variety of transportation projects for WSDOT and local agencies throughout the Puget Sound region. In doing so, they will lead the Issaquah transportation engineering team in project pursuits, project management, and design. Projects include large complex highway projects, bridges, intersections, trails, ADA improvements, and urban and rural roadway corridors. These are large multi-discipline projects requiring design of stormwater, sewer, waterlines, staging, and traffic control. In addition to leading projects, this position will actively participate in the seller-doer model of business development, continued company success, and the mentorship of junior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 12+ years of experience with WSDOT and/or local agency transportation projects in Washington
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Washington, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Familiarity with related codes and standards
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to legally work in the US
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in MicroStation Inroads 3D modeling
- Experience leading a group of engineers
- Experience in the Puget Sound region of Washington
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development for multi-discipline transportation projects for WSDOT and local agencies in Washington
- Project Management
- Creation of marketing proposals
- Effectively self-manage multiple assignments, and prioritize with input from Principal in Charge
- Maintain active communication
- Coordinate with subconsultants or other consultants on larger projects
- Keep projects on schedule and within budget
- Sustain client satisfaction
- Write reports and technical memos
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Participate in professional organizations
At PBS, we value our people and their personal and professional growth. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion create an environment that fosters this growth and where people can build fulfilling, long-term, careers.
Qualifying employee benefits may include but are not limited to 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental/orthodontic, vision, FSA, DCA, Employee Assistance Program, alternative/naturopathic care, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, family building benefits, wellness stipend, tuition reimbursement program, donation matching, PTO, paid holidays, annual bonuses, paid volunteer hours, and pet insurance.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).