PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in creative, sustainable, solutions provided with an appreciation for quality and community. With more than $50M in revenue and nearly 300 employees, PBS team members are turning challenges into solutions through our growing Pacific Northwest offices.
Learn more about what it’s like to work with us: pbsusa.com/careers
We are currently seeking to add a Senior Civil Water Resources Engineer to our dynamic team in Issaquah, Washington.
$120,000 to $180,000 annually with benefits.
We’re looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Water Resources Practice supporting municipal projects throughout Washington and Oregon. This role will actively lead the innovation, design, and oversight of project pursuit, development and delivery. You will work with a team of engineers, planners, and environmental scientists to develop projects related to infrastructure improvements, flood control, fish passage, and stream restoration projects. Additionally, there will be the mentorship and management of junior staff.
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering or related field
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Washington.
- 10+ years of experience in planning, design, PS&E development, and construction support for municipal infrastructure or water resources projects
- Proficiency with hydraulic design software including HEC-RAS, SWMMM, and WWHM/HSPF
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil3D, and/or Microstation/Inroads
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The ability to legally work in all PBS locations
- Valid driver’s license
- Understanding of Washington state and local industry rules and regulations.
- Understanding of Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) design standards and Washington State Department of Fish &
- Wildlife (WDFW) guidelines
- Experience with GIS applications
- Experience with hydraulic design software SRH-2D
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management for engineering and design projects
- Lead and provide design expertise
- Develop project deliverables
- QA/QC other’s work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Monitor budgets and schedules
- Serve as client account manager
- Assist and collaborate on the marketing of new projects
- Interface regularly with clients
- Mentorship and training
At PBS, we value our people and their personal and professional growth. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion create an environment that fosters this growth and where people can build fulfilling, long-term, careers.
Qualifying employee benefits may include but are not limited to 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental/orthodontic, vision, FSA, DCA, Employee Assistance Program, alternative/naturopathic care, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, family building benefits, wellness stipend, tuition reimbursement program, donation matching, PTO, paid holidays, annual bonuses, paid volunteer hours, and pet insurance.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).