Director – DevOps Engineer
Location – Bangalore
PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Our local operations span 18 growth markets across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. Here we deliver fast, simple and efficient financial services technology that unlocks access to more than 2.3 billion consumers in our regions.
Regulated under the Reserve Bank of India, PayU India has advanced solutions to meet every digital payment need. The company has an in-depth understanding of the vast and intricate details of the Indian market and its payment landscape. The company brings convenience and trust through continuous innovation leveraging technology.
PayU India forays into two business verticals - payment offerings under PayU Payments Services Ltd. and alternate lending under PayU Finance. Headquartered in Sohna Road, Gurgaon, the company has a presence in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore and has a total strength of 600+ employees. Mr. Anirban Mukherjee is the CEO for PayU India working with the global CEO Laurent Le Moal.
Under the aegis of PayU Payments Services Ltd., PayU provides payment gateway solutions to online businesses through its cutting-edge and award-winning technology. In India, PayU covers nearly 60% of the airline business and 90% of the entire e-commerce business and processes over INR 95,000 crores worth of digital payments annually. The company offers more than 70 local payment methods and serves more than 350,000 merchants including leading e-commerce businesses in India. The company also empowers SMBs, enabling them to accept mobile and online payments with minimum development effort.
With credit being the key business priority, PayU has also developed LazyPay, an alternate lending platform to offer credit solutions such as Small Ticket Credit (Buy Now, Pay Later), App based personal loans and Point of Sale Credit (Merchant EMI). Since its launch in 2017, LazyPay has gained significant traction and has disbursed 20mn+ loans to a customer base of a million user.
PayU is bullish on investment opportunities in India. The company has been an aggressive investor, committed to the evolution of fintech in the country. PayU has spent about $250 million over the past three years in Asia's third-largest economy and is further scouting for more lucrative investment and acquisition opportunities to fuel growth.
PayU's acquisitions in India include that of Wibmo (April 2019 worth $70 mn) and Citrus Payment Solutions (September 2016 for $130 mn). PayU has also invested in PaySense (July 2018) and ZestMoney (December 2016) in India.
- Design and implement fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Monitor, debug, and enhance pipelines for optimal operation and performance
- Troubleshoot, conduct root cause analysis, and resolve a majority of the production issues
- Handle escalation management of production issues
- Provide quick, reliable, and easy to interpret script results and dashboard reports to raise awareness of operational overhead
- Setup development, staging, demo, and production environments
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to improve the overall team velocity
- Automate any manual process across deployment, monitoring or audit-related functions
- Implement and managing monitoring solutions to assess the health of the infrastructure
- Work with developers to optimise applications for performance and scale
- Monitor application health using various tools like Cloudwatch, NewRelic, Nagios etc.
- Ownership to design, implement and maintain the infrastructure on multiple hosting providers like AWS.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 2-5 years of experience
- Experience with designing and implementing fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Good programming, SQL, and scripting skills
- Experience with a variety of logging/system dashboard tools
- Hands-on experience with managing deployments to production systems
- Experience with on-call responsibilities and address production issues and incidents
- Experience with escalation management for production outages
- Flexible in working when duty calls or shifts
- Expertise in Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Fabric, Puppet or SaltStack
- Hands-on experience in build and administer VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes
- Strong experience in designing Cloud Infrastructure at AWS
- Experience in infrastructure as Code services like CloudFormation, Terraform etc is a huge bonus
- Worked on monitoring tools like Cloudwatch, NewRelic, Nagios etc (Any APM)
Nice to have
- Coding experience in Golang and Java
- Strong desire to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with an offshore team
- Experience defining and measuring KPIs for operational excellence