SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Be part and leader of our new global Data Engineers team that will provide data as a service for both internal purpose and to our customers. You will be involved in architecture of new data systems and build scalable, robust, and high-quality data pipelines/imports/migrations of EMEA data.
You will help engineers build features on top of this data for the use of local platforms/audits etc and help them drive technologies to support our data-related infrastructure and features.
We also aim for a born natural leader and innovator who will coach the other two new colleagues while cooperating with other data teams across the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Lead, mentor and grow a small team of data engineers
- Architecture and suggesting new technologies and tools
- Perform code reviews and prioritize the requirements for the team, understanding the business needs.
- Hands-on, E2E responsibility for data pipelines from design to production. Including monitoring and ensuring our SLAs.
- Work closely with engineering teams, data scientists and product managers to support features development on top of the data.
- Evaluate and deploy new technologies to expand our data tech-stack and support our products requirements
- Support the current ETLs and design new strategies to improve these
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with distributed systems and micro services architecture
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- More than 3 years proven experience of acting as a senior data engineer working on business logic processes, data warehouse modelling, insight delivery, and KPI strategy
- Proven experience of more than 5 years with a programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Go…)
- More than 3 years of experience with Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with Big data tools and streaming technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Kafka etc.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Very nice to have:
- Experience in with data lake solutions such as Snowflake
What's in it for you:
At PayU, we believe in the power of diversity to fuel positive change in the world. Our teams are made up of diverse individuals across different cultures and communities around the world, all working together towards a common goal of breaking down financial borders so everyone can prosper. We encourage all styles of working and all styles of thinking... Whether you are in South America, USA, India, South East Asia, Africa or Europe, we are looking for people who want to be inspired, and to inspire us! If this is you, then get in touch.