Role: Lead Product Designer
Company: PayU Finance India Private Limited
PayU is the payments and fintech business of Prosus, a global consumer internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating and investing globally in markets with long-term growth potential, Prosus builds leading consumer internet companies that empower people and enrich communities.
The leading online payment service provider in 36 countries, PayU is dedicated to creating a fast, simple and efficient payment process for merchants and buyers. Focused on empowering people through financial services and creating a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper, PayU is one of the biggest investors in the fintech space globally, with investments totalling $700 million- to date. PayU also specializes in credit products and services for emerging markets across the globe. We are dedicated to removing risks to merchants, allowing consumers to use credit in ways that suit them and enabling a greater number of global citizens to access credit services.
Our local operations in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia enable us to combine the expertise of high growth companies with our own unique local knowledge and technology to ensure that our customers have access to the best financial services.
India is the biggest market for PayU globally and the company has already invested $400 million in this region in last 4 years. PayU in its next phase of growth is developing a full regional fintech ecosystem providing multiple digital financial services in one integrated experience. We are going to do this through 3 mechanisms: build, co-build/partner; select strategic investments.
PayU supports over 350,000+ merchants and millions of consumers making payments online with over 250 payment methods and 1,800+ payment specialists. The markets in which PayU operates represent a potential consumer base of nearly 2.3 billion people and a huge growth potential for merchants.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Influence user lifecycle product strategy and lead the team in executing design work with a high level of polish across all digital platforms
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work.
- Lead and represent your team effectively, articulating the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design.
- You will be responsible for producing groundbreaking user experiences across all touchpoints.
- Work collaboratively with different teams to identify & narrow problems, arrive at possible design solutions or solution testing frameworks.
- Present findings, insights in a consumable format to the broader team; can work on multiple projects, work with the team to prioritize as needed while receiving strategic and tactical direction.
- Concisely convey your thoughts backed by insights, interviews, observations, and frequent usability/ user tests. Do so using design prototypes, verbally, in writing, video recordings, etc.
- You will work closely with your colleagues: within and outside the design team to contribute to, develop, and evolve the design process to adhere to, and create best design practices.
- You will be expected to evangelize the design team internally as well as in the community to share work awareness, hire, collaborate, and such.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in consumer product design (UX/UI), with a focus on mobile.
- You can work independently as a leader without much oversight or direction.
- You have a portfolio showcasing successful product launches across different surfaces, details of your thought process, how you collect user inputs, behavior, and translate those to tangible design solutions.
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- A strong sense of the process for building product experiences including best practices for design deliverables including mocks, prototypes, documentation, and quality checks
- You can confidently articulate UX design rationale and enjoy leading conversations with teams and key stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- You are incredibly proactive, radiate ownership and accountability.