Role: Senior Product Manager
- Personal Loan (PL)
- Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL)
PayU is the payments and fintech business of Prosus, a global consumer internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating and investing globally in markets with long-term growth potential, Prosus builds leading consumer internet companies that empower people and enrich communities.
The leading online payment service provider in 36 countries, PayU is dedicated to creating a fast, simple and efficient payment process for merchants and buyers. Focused on empowering people through financial services and creating a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper, PayU is one of the biggest investors in the fintech space globally, with investments totalling $700 million- to date. PayU also specializes in credit products and services for emerging markets across the globe. We are dedicated to removing risks to merchants, allowing consumers to use credit in ways that suit them and enabling a greater number of global citizens to access credit services.
Our local operations in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia enable us to combine the expertise of high growth companies with our own unique local knowledge and technology to ensure that our customers have access to the best financial services.
India is the biggest market for PayU globally and the company has already invested $400 million in this region in last 4 years. PayU in its next phase of growth is developing a full regional fintech ecosystem providing multiple digital financial services in one integrated experience. We are going to do this through 3 mechanisms: build, co-build/partner; select strategic investments.
PayU supports over 350,000+ merchants and millions of consumers making payments online with over 250 payment methods and 1,800+ payment specialists. The markets in which PayU operates represent a potential consumer base of nearly 2.3 billion people and a huge growth potential for merchants.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Building relationships with different people across all business organizations while exploring different functional areas of PayU!
- As a Product Manager, you'll partner with internal stakeholders to understand new feature needs, building out the road map and vision to bring those features to life
- Working with business partners to write designs for features through understanding other teams' needs
- Driving and owning the vision and strategy for your area of expertise
- Shipping your ideas and building out features that may go live on our site
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- 10+ years relevant industry experience; including at least 3 years in Product Management
- You’re a self-starter who can execute in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that promotes constant team communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have an excellent understanding of product development and how web and mobile technologies work
- You have strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- You can call the shots and enjoy leading changes
- A plus if you have MBA, or MS or PhD program in Computer Science
- A big plus if you have prior Mobile Product experience