PayU is a leading online payment service provider dedicated to creating a fast, simple and secure payment process for merchants and buyers. Our presence in 16 high growth markets in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa enable us to be experts in these countries as well as provide the best solutions for the local markets.
PayU South Africa (Africa) focuses on serving our merchants across the African continent with the bulk of our team located in Cape Town. We collaborate with our teams around the world to make sure we align our technical effort in a sustainable and predictable way.
PayU is looking for a TechOPS / Systems Administrator with a solid focus on DevOPS practices to join our Technical Operations team locally, as well as joining the Global TechOPS Clan for knowledge sharing and implementing projects that span across our other territories. Working closely with our Applications team you will be involved in building technology solutions for our infrastructure as well as be included in BAU support as the need arises.
The environment is currently a mixture of on-premise virtualized servers (VMware) and cloud (AWS) based technology, predominantly running Linux and Java with limited Microsoft tech.
We are looking for someone who has a solid TechOPS / Systems Administration support background and who is actively looking to automate and scale these processes by adopting DevOPS methodologies to allow teams and platforms to scale on cloud-based infrastructure.
- Work with the local and international TechOPS teams to refresh in house practices or tools.
- Execute BAU tasks in a timely fashion daily or as present schedules prescribe.
- Support and maintenance of the existing platform infrastructure.
- Supporting the Applications team with infrastructure pre-requisites for new or existing deployments.
- Help with driving infrastructure and process automation in order to maintain scalable support of the platforms.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise inside the platform as part of your support function.
- Maintain and expand monitoring capabilities of the platform, taking into consideration both infrastructure and application monitoring.
- Rotate through a stand-by schedule to offer support after hours when needed.
- Participate in global TechOPS clan discussions, planning and execution of global goals.
- Experience working as a Linux system administrator.
- Understanding Network Administration and Storage solutions.
- Experience in database server maintenance using MySQL and MSSQL.
- Strong knowledge of running and maintaining a Virtualized environment using VMware and AWS.
- Knowledge of working with IaaS solutions (AWS preferred) and be able to translate on-premise knowledge to cloud based solutions.
- Knowledge of IaC and configuration management tools like Terraform and Ansible, supplemented by Bash scripting skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Task orientated with excellent time management and prioritization skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Be disciplined to work remotely from home if needed.
- Able to work autonomously and without supervision to complete tasks.