Role: Principal Technical Architect
Company: PayU Payments Pvt Ltd
PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Our local operations span 18 growth markets across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. Here we deliver fast, simple and efficient financial services technology that unlocks access to more than 2.3 billion consumers in our regions.
Regulated under the Reserve Bank of India, PayU India has advanced solutions to meet every digital payments need. The company has an in-depth understanding of the vast and intricate details of the Indian market and its payment landscape. The company brings convenience and trust through continuous innovation leveraging technology.
PayU India forays into two business verticals - payment offerings under PayU Payments Services Ltd. and alternate lending under PayU Finance. Headquartered in Sohna Road, Gurgaon, the company has a presence in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore and has a total strength of 700+ employees. Anirban Mukherjee is the CEO for PayU India working with the global CEO Laurent Le Moal.
Under the aegis of PayU Payments Services Ltd., PayU provides payment gateway solutions to online businesses through its cutting-edge and award-winning technology. In India, PayU covers nearly 60% of the airline business and 90% of the entire e-commerce business and processes over INR 120,000 crores worth of digital payments annually (at current run rates). The company offers more than 70 local payment methods and serves more than 350,000 merchants including leading e-commerce businesses in India. The company also empowers SMBs, enabling them to accept mobile and online payments with minimum development effort.
With credit being the key business priority, PayU has also developed LazyPay, an alternate lending platform to offer credit solutions such as Small Ticket Credit (Buy Now, Pay Later), App based personal loans and Point of Sale Credit (Merchant EMI). Since its launch in 2017, LazyPay has gained significant traction and has disbursed 20mn+ loans to a customer base of more than a million users.
PayU is bullish on investment opportunities in India. The company has been an aggressive investor, committed to the evolution of fintech in the country. PayU has spent about $250 million over the past three years in Asia's third-largest economy and is further scouting for more lucrative investment and acquisition opportunities to fuel growth.
PayU’s acquisitions in India include that of Wibmo (April 2019 worth $70 mn) and Citrus Payment Solutions (September 2016 for $130 mn). PayU has also invested in PaySense (July 2018) and ZestMoney (December 2016) in India.
Role and Background Information:
As a Senior Technology Architect, you are expected to solve some of the toughest technology challenges that the company faces. You will be embedded into a very skilled technical organisation within the company. You are expected to work closely with product & infrastructure teams to deliver highly scalable solutions. Your work will span across more than few technology teams. You will provide continued leadership to more than a few technology teams in the organisation.
What you’d need to bring to the table:
● 10+ years of strong design/development experience with 4+ years of experience architecting and operating massively large scale distributed systems
● Leads research, development, and implementation of enterprise wide architectural concepts, principles and tools.
● Strong coding skills and knowledge of modern programming languages. Understands data stores, CAP theorem, geo-distributed data stores at a deeper level
● Experience with designing systems with wider and deeper scope, and solving complex problems that span multiple systems
● Provides subject matter input for domains and works with cross domain teams of technology, data and application/solution architects for critical architectural considerations.
● Future state road-mapping and planning to align technology evolution with business timelines. Assess business viability of new technologies.
● Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
● Ability to influence major, long term digital strategies at the highest executive levels
● Build and maintain relationships with product, business, architects and other stakeholders to influence technical decisions for architectural consistency and technical excellence
● Inspire and motivate the engineering team to do the unimagined and go beyond comfort lines
● Entrepreneurial spirit to conceive ideas, turn challenges to opportunities and build products
● Anticipate the technology investments needed ahead of them becoming critical requirements
● Network with technologists outside of the workplace
● Identify and recruit great software engineers
Education- BTech (Tier 1 College is preferred)