Role: Devops Engineer
Company: PayU Payments Pvt Ltd
PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Our local operations span 18 growth markets across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. Here we deliver fast, simple and efficient financial services technology that unlocks access to more than 2.3 billion consumers in our regions.
Regulated under the Reserve Bank of India, PayU India has advanced solutions to meet every digital payment need. The company has an in-depth understanding of the vast and intricate details of the Indian market and its payment landscape. The company brings convenience and trust through continuous innovation leveraging technology.
PayU India forays into two business verticals - payment offerings under PayU Payments Services Ltd. and alternate lending under PayU Finance. Headquartered in Sohna Road, Gurgaon, the company has a presence in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore and has a total strength of 700+ employees. Anirban Mukherjee is the CEO for PayU India working with the global CEO Laurent Le Moal.
Under the aegis of PayU Payments Services Ltd., PayU provides payment gateway solutions to online businesses through its cutting-edge and award-winning technology. In India, PayU covers nearly 60% of the airline business and 90% of the entire e-commerce business and processes over INR 120,000 crores worth of digital payments annually (at current run rates). The company offers more than 70 local payment methods and serves more than 350,000 merchants including leading e-commerce businesses in India. The company also empowers SMBs, enabling them to accept mobile and online payments with minimum development effort.
With credit being the key business priority, PayU has also developed LazyPay, an alternate lending platform to offer credit solutions such as Small Ticket Credit (Buy Now, Pay Later), App based personal loans and Point of Sale Credit (Merchant EMI). Since its launch in 2017, LazyPay has gained significant traction and has disbursed 20mn+ loans to a customer base of a million user.
PayU is bullish on investment opportunities in India. The company has been an aggressive investor, committed to the evolution of fintech in the country. PayU has spent about $250 million over the past three years in Asia's third-largest economy and is further scouting for more lucrative investment and acquisition opportunities to fuel growth.
PayU’s acquisitions in India include that of Wibmo (April 2019 worth $70 mn) and Citrus Payment Solutions (September 2016 for $130 mn). PayU has also invested in PaySense (July 2018) and ZestMoney (December 2016) in India.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build whole stack ELBs to databases, then moving and launching our site at its new home, guiding the team through the entire process.
- Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Lead the team through development and operations.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
DevOps Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.
So what do we offer?
- A Competitive salary, including benefits
- Modern offices with individual working spaces
- Exceptional projects
- Awesome teams that love finding ways of making things better, faster, stronger
- Interesting growth prospects
- ESOPs (SARs)