PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Our local operations span 18 growth markets across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. Here we deliver fast, simple and efficient financial services technology that unlocks access to more than 2.3 billion consumers in our regions.
Job profile summary:
Responsible for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of small to medium-scale projects, maintaining project plans, managing project risks, leveraging relationships to achieve stakeholder buy-in and driving continuous improvement efforts.
As a member of the Security team your primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead numerous cross-functional project teams simultaneously
- Conduct weekly meetings with regional teams from India, LATAM and EMEA to discuss schedule, performance and impediments
- Excel in an environment of high uncertainty and constant change, where project management practices and process are equal in importance to fostering successful communication, collaboration and understanding among project stakeholders
- Support project cost, schedule and performance by maintaining the tempo and identifying problem areas that need improvement
- Analyse the action and management plans developed by managers in an effort to link the identified goals and strategies to the annual and multi-year goals
- Regular project status reporting to leadership and stakeholders
- Interact with Stakeholders to ensure complete understanding of project status
- Develop briefing slides distributed to various stakeholders detailing project status and risk
- Develop documentation, including recommended modifications to contracts to support project related activities
- Manage and update project schedules in Project tracker software and lead weekly In Progress Reviews (IPRs) for all active projects
- Develop technical documentation, collect and analyse technical literature, organize descriptive copies, provide clarity and conciseness to written documents
- Review documentation in support of program related activities including transition memos, modifications to contracts, Statements of Work (SOW), and funding and contract documents
- Understanding of government contracting, budgets, costs and logistics
- Support program plans, estimates, baseline budget and identify cost and risk
For this role we would like to see following requirements met:
- Candidates have a minimum of five years or more experience in providing project management support of Project Management, Engineering, or Information Technology
- You are educated to degree-level and/or have equivalent relevant work experience
- You have worked across project management domains to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close projects
- Knowledge of project management methodology regarding project Cost, Schedule, Performance, and Risk management
- Basic understanding of information technology networks, cyber security and information security
- Capable of using MS Office tools (Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills in a multicultural environment
- A proactive attitude that allows the flexibility to adapt and adjust to meet short schedules and changing mission requirements