Role: Engineering Manager
Company: PayU Payments Pvt Ltd
PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Our local operations span 18 growth markets across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. Here we deliver fast, simple and efficient financial services technology that unlocks access to more than 2.3 billion consumers in our regions.
Regulated under the Reserve Bank of India, PayU India has advanced solutions to meet every digital payment need. The company has an in-depth understanding of the vast and intricate details of the Indian market and its payment landscape. The company brings convenience and trust through continuous innovation leveraging technology.
PayU India forays into two business verticals - payment offerings under PayU Payments Services Ltd. and alternate lending under PayU Finance. Headquartered in Sohna Road, Gurgaon, the company has a presence in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore and has a total strength of 600+ employees. Mr. Anirban Mukherjee is the CEO for PayU India working with the global CEO Laurent Le Moal.
Under the aegis of PayU Payments Services Ltd., PayU provides payment gateway solutions to online businesses through its cutting-edge and award-winning technology. In India, PayU covers nearly 60% of the airline business and 90% of the entire e-commerce business and processes over INR 95,000 crores worth of digital payments annually. The company offers more than 70 local payment methods and serves more than 350,000 merchants including leading e-commerce businesses in India. The company also empowers SMBs, enabling them to accept mobile and online payments with minimum development effort.
With credit being the key business priority, PayU has also developed LazyPay, an alternate lending platform to offer credit solutions such as Small Ticket Credit (Buy Now, Pay Later), App based personal loans and Point of Sale Credit (Merchant EMI). Since its launch in 2017, LazyPay has gained significant traction and has disbursed 20mn+ loans to a customer base of a million user.
PayU is bullish on investment opportunities in India. The company has been an aggressive investor, committed to the evolution of fintech in the country. PayU has spent about $250 million over the past three years in Asia's thirdlargest economy and is further scouting for more lucrative investment and acquisition opportunities to fuel growth.
PayU’s acquisitions in India include that of Wibmo (April 2019 worth $70 mn) and Citrus Payment Solutions (September 2016 for $130 mn). PayU has also invested in PaySense (July 2018) and ZestMoney (December 2016) in India.
What do you need to have?
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Lead the development of the next generation of platforms and applications in payments.
2. Build and lead a team to create robust, highly scalable, high quality solutions.
3. Collaborate with business and technical teams to solve complex problems.
4. Advocate and champion quality coding, design and best practices.
5. Communicate design and test impact based on business requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
1. 6+ years of hands on experience developing and testing highly scalable software.
2. Proficient in Java and PHP. Solid foundation in object-oriented development and design patterns. Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
3. Ability to engineer complex features/systems from scratch and drive it to completion. Good knowledge of multiple data storage systems.
4. Prior experience in microservices and event driven architecture.
5. Understand business requirements, formulate use cases and come up with effective solutions.
6. Research and evaluate technologies and solutions to determine solution design options and trade offs.
7. Ability to lead the development cycle and ensure delivery of highly secure solutions that are optimized for performance and built to scale.
Behavioural Skills: 1. Team Player 2. Perseverance 3. Knowledge sharing skills 4. Energetic & Positive attitude 5. Go getter instinct
So what do we offer? A Competitive salary, including benefits Modern offices with individual working spaces Exceptional projects Awesome teams that love finding ways of making things better, faster, stronger Interesting growth prospects