Designation: Cross Sell Lead
Company: PayU Payments Pvt Ltd
PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Our local operations span 18 growth markets across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. Here we deliver fast, simple and efficient financial services technology that unlocks access to more than 2.3 billion consumers in our regions.
Regulated under the Reserve Bank of India, PayU India has advanced solutions to meet every digital payment need. The company has an in-depth understanding of the vast and intricate details of the Indian market and its payment landscape. The company brings convenience and trust through continuous innovation leveraging technology.
PayU India forays into two business verticals - payment offerings under PayU Payments Services Ltd. and alternate lending under PayU Finance. Headquartered in Sohna Road, Gurgaon, the company has a presence in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore and has a total strength of 700+ employees. Anirban Mukherjee is the CEO for PayU India working with the global CEO Laurent Le Moal.
Under the aegis of PayU Payments Services Ltd., PayU provides payment gateway solutions to online businesses through its cutting-edge and award-winning technology. In India, PayU covers nearly 60% of the airline business and 90% of the entire e-commerce business and processes over INR 120,000 crores worth of digital payments annually (at current run rates). The company offers more than 70 local payment methods and serves more than 350,000 merchants including leading e-commerce businesses in India. The company also empowers SMBs, enabling them to accept mobile and online payments with minimum development effort.
With credit being the key business priority, PayU has also developed LazyPay, an alternate lending platform to offer credit solutions such as Small Ticket Credit (Buy Now, Pay Later), App based personal loans and Point of Sale Credit (Merchant EMI). Since its launch in 2017, LazyPay has gained significant traction and has disbursed 20mn+ loans to a customer base of a million user.
PayU is bullish on investment opportunities in India. The company has been an aggressive investor, committed to the evolution of fintech in the country. PayU has spent about $250 million over the past three years in Asia's third-largest economy and is further scouting for more lucrative investment and acquisition opportunities to fuel growth.
PayU’s acquisitions in India include that of Wibmo (April 2019 worth $70 mn) and Citrus Payment Solutions (September 2016 for $130 mn). PayU has also invested in PaySense (July 2018) and ZestMoney (December 2016) in India.Job Purpose:
Key purpose of the role is to drive cross-sell for the digital lending business - to the customers who take a loan via the digital lending platform. This role will be responsible for driving higher product attachment rate in the digital lending business through cross-sell, upsell, top-up. The person will lead the cross-sell design and implementation for the digital lending business to help drive profitability at a customer level and for the business.
Following skills, qualification will be relevant for the job:
- Experience in consumer business. Understanding/experience in lending will be a plus.
- Experience in Consumer insights development and idea generation
- Product development and implementation experience
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Ability to influence others with strong relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Work experience of 10-15 years
- Ability to work with data and cull out insights relevant for upsell, cross-sell, top up
- Relationship development and management with partner stakeholders
- Ability to work with external and internal stakeholders and drive project management within tight timelines
- Conceptualizing products and analyzing performance to ensure required business metrics are met
- Influencing partners and senior stakeholders cross-functionally to enable quick roll out
Key Result Areas:
- Devising the cross sell strategy and plan (including financials, scale) for the digital lending business with a view to drive profitability
- Evaluation of available third party products and fit with consumer proposition
- Partnership evaluation for scale, offering, profitability
- Conceptualizing cross-sell product/service offerings: driving innovation basis contextual needs of the customer
- Drawing up the cross-sell blueprint for the business with cross-functional alignment and seeking requisite approvals, sign offs for launch. Working with tech and other teams to drive implementation.
- Nurturing relationships with cross-sell partners
- Detailed Project management to adhere to plan and timelines