THE KIND OF PERSON WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Our engineers work on bringing features from the database level to the client. You will have direct ownership over the projects you work on and have flexibility to determine the design and execution. You will be responsible from taking a feature from requirements, through design and implementation. You will be able to work on the front end as well as our full stack. We want you to help us build UI that will impress everyone.
You should be a talented, experienced software engineer with a handle on good software design, a knack for solving difficult problems in complex multi-component systems, and an interest in learning new things. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common; where giving and receiving of feedback, debate, and constructive criticism are actively encouraged. We have an open, relaxed, and friendly environment where jokes and silliness are common, yet we’re serious about the work we do.
THE KIND OF STUFF YOU'LL BE DOING:
- You will own the front-end development for one or more of our products
- You will collaborate with other engineers and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features and deliver a fantastic user experience.
- Work directly with the Product team and other engineers to turn ideas into software
- Extending and improving existing system services and software components
THE KIND OF EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED:
- Exposure to common frameworks and libraries (jQuery, Angular, Ember, React)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to clearly articulate questions and create design specifications
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
THE KIND OF EXTRA STUFF THAT WOULD BE NICE:
- Experience with the principles of functional programming
- Experience writing Java or Scala code
- Knowledge of C, C++, C#, Python, Objective-C, or Swift
- Experience with functional and unit testing
- Reasonable skill with spreadsheets and diagrams
- Advanced experience with Unix (Linux preferred), including shell scripting and system administration
- Understanding of web technologies: HTTP, SSL, REST, JSON, XML