Paytronix offers a full range of loyalty solutions that are directly integrated into retail point-of-sale (POS) systems. These solutions help merchants increase sales by fostering better relationships with their customers and encouraging them to visit more frequently. The overall results are increased sales and customer retention. We have over 20,000 restaurants and convenience stores using the Paytronix software including Panera Bread and Outback Steakhouse. Individual users number in the tens of millions and Paytronix processes over a billion transactions annually.
The Kind of Stuff You’ll Be Doing:
The Senior POS Integration Software Developer will specialize in the architecture, design, and development of new POS integrations. Currently the company supports integrations to over 20 restaurant and convenience store POS systems and we intend to double this in the next 5 years.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Creates solutions from ground up and adapts existing modules already built in the system.
• Works with the requirements team and the relevant documentation to produce design documents and follow them through implementation and quality assurance phases into deployment and maintenance.
• Develops new iOS app to replace VeriFone terminals.
• Directs the integrations work of junior engineers
• Develops integrations for gas pump specific programs (ex. Cents of gallon)
• Reproduces errors, fixes them and extends existing POS systems, such as MICROS, Xpient, POSitouch, Speedline, VeriFone, Aloha, Silver, Maitre‘D, Digital Dining, Passport, Commander, Sapphire, etc.
• Develop enhancements to a distributed java-based client that provides secure communication from the store-based POS system to our cloud based loyalty platform.
The Experience You’ll Need:
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 5 years of progressively responsible software development experience.
Experience, which may have been gained concurrently, must include:
• 3 years of C and C++ experience;
• 2 years of experience in touch screen UI design on an application with touchscreen or another non-keyboard interface;
• 1 year of experience developing secure communications from a distributed client to a centralized hosted server system for sensitive data of either financial or PII information; and
• 1 year of integration experience or equivalent technology