The kind of person we're looking for:
Paytronix is looking a Software Development Team Lead to help build and maintain our front-end B2B website that is used by customers and the technical consulting team. We are looking for a smart and innovative hands-on manager who is capable of diving into the details to help us bring a revolutionary web experience to our clients and internal consumers. You will need to be curious and creative while leading the team to make quick decisions to deliver fast results to our customers. You’re looking to lead and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement the company vision.
You will share our passion and great pride in leading an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale and performance, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will partner with various other engineering teams, architects and technical operations team to build a best of breed web interface. If you are someone with a track record of building scalable systems and closely collaborating with stakeholders, then this is the place for you!
- 70% Front-end (E.g. Implementing reusable React components, design systems, and design frameworks)
- 30% Back-end
- 60% Delivery and Execution
- 10% Management Duties
- 30% Collaboration and Enablement
The kind of stuff you'll be doing:
- Design, manage, and contribute to the development of new features and applications.
- Building a first in class business to business web interface
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, key stakeholders, architects and operations team to help define and refine core team’s roadmap
- Drive execution and delivery of roadmap items with high quality by working with cross-functional teams, system architects and QA.
- Ensure that engineering staff have access to the skills, tools, processes, etc. that they need to produce high-quality, on-time software that meets our customers' expectations
- Oversee the software development lifecycle, ensuring the proper structures are in place for the on-time delivery of high-quality product releases
- Clearly communicate schedule and quality expectations and ensure that teams are operating efficiently
- Provide regular feedback, technical guidance, and mentoring to team members
- Provide technical thought leadership and help evaluate emerging technologies and 3rd party products
The kind of experience you'll need:
- 4+ years of experience as a front-end software developer
- 2+ years of experience with hands-on technical management of people
- Experience working with product & program managers to align on objectives, priorities, trade-offs and risk
- Experience with React.js and its core principles
- Understanding of web technologies: HTTP, SSL, REST, JSON, XML
- Understanding of OOP or functional programming languages, like Java or Scala
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git preferred)
The extra stuff that would be nice:
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience managing framework/platform team
- Enjoy communicating to all levels engineering management, customer support and technical operations.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of delivering software on time
- Experience with functional and unit testing
- Experience with the principles of functional programming
- Experience with SQL and relational databases