The kind of person we’re looking for:
We are looking for a coach and individual player to join the Paytronix operations team. You will need to have a passion for solving complex technical and networking problems. You will need to enjoy learning new technologies and working with other individuals to get software running and stable. A passion for monitoring and tweaking systems is going to be key for success. You will need to be comfortable with shifting priorities and working within a fast-paced environment. You will have to be comfortable taking charge of tasks, guiding the team, performs hands-on work, automate, plan and communicate with many groups.
Paytronix runs a 24x7 SaaS platform that provides gift and loyalty card processing, and email marketing for retail merchants. The Paytronix Data Center Operations manager will support the Paytronix software and infrastructure. You will manage the day-to-day operational execution, coordination, planning and maintenance support for the data center. You will be a coach and player and will need to provide both leadership as well as contribute to the day to day operations.
You will lead and work with a small team of Operations engineers, within a large team of software engineers, and with the rest of the company in order to get the job done.
The Paytronix infrastructure includes: an on prem stack, large cloud providers, multiple data centers, several partners who connect over the internet and directly. You will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the entire stack. You will be directly responsible for maintaining 100% uptime for Paytronix customers.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing:
- Quick learning of what we do today / sort out the priorities
- Take lead of large operations projects. E.g. migrating between two data centers or re-architecting the datacenter design
- Immediate hands-on actions on a fully functioning stack: firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, app servers, databases, P2P lines, Cloud management (AWS, Azure)
- Support 100% uptime by monitoring system stability and performance to maintain system availability and reliability
- Monitor system utilization, errors, alerts and trends. Seize opportunities to improve the current monitoring platform
- Identify opportunities for automation or scripting of tasks for increasing efficiency
- Execute database management tasks (replication, backups, diskspace) and tuning activities
- Plan for growth (experiences, resources, volume of transactions, customers who what specific stack solution)
- Support accreditation initiatives including SSAE18, PCI, GDPR etc
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators for data center and mission critical applications
The kind of experience you’ll need:
- 3+ years managing a complex data center operations and operations management
- Proven ability to interact with high level business and IT executives as well as individual contributors within a complex organization to accomplish goals, objectives and resolve problems
- Excellent oral communication skills. We are a small team and talk between individuals happens daily. You should be able to handle questions, meetings and other interruptions
- Excellent written skills. The job requires a lot of planning, forecasting, frequent reviews, and many other functions that require documentation
- Experience with most of the sections of the working SaaS stack. Any relevant product will do it – but we prefer you know Check Point firewalls, Alteon load balancers, Juniper routers, any P2P lines, any cloud management (AWS, Azure), SQL Server
- Experience with automated deployment technologies
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and management tools
- Detail oriented, task driven, and outstanding communication skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with other teams within the company.
The extra stuff that would be nice:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Programming experience (Python, Java)
- Experience with Nagios
- Experience with Cloud hosting platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of Open Source testing tools and platforms
- In-depth knowledge of networking, servers and DR/HA technologies