The kind of person we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a smart, curious, empathetic person to assist in leading our internal IT help desk. We need someone that can go from repairing a laptop to managing a long-term project without missing a beat. You will need to be a master troubleshooter, not afraid to tackle difficult problems, and open to all types of discussion and idea sharing.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing:
- Assisting fellow employees with technical issues.
- Purchase and setup hardware for new employees.
- Help teach other help desk team members advanced technical skills.
- Maintaining our internal corporate computing environment, including Windows servers, Windows/Mac computers, VMWare, VoIP phone system, network cabling/switches/firewall.
- Researching and pro-actively implementing enhancements to our existing IT infrastructure.
- Acting as a primary point of contact for IT vendors, including purchasing new equipment, negotiating contracts, and evaluating cost effectiveness.
The kind of experience you’ll need:
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills and a proven ability to “figure things out”.
- The ability to accomplish projects in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with Windows Domains, Office 365, OS X, and virtualization.
- Experience assisting users remotely
- Understanding of basic networking concepts.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related field.
The extra stuff that would be nice:
- Experience with SANs
- Programming knowledge (i.e. Python, CGI)
- Experience with management and monitoring software such as Manage Engine or Nagios.
- Degree or certificate in a related technology field