While we’re serious about our work, measuring transactions by the millisecond and fretting over the outliers that take more than two seconds, in our high growth and fast paced environment we try not to take ourselves too seriously. Our daily collaboration sessions involve brainstorming, cajoling, storytelling, laughing, and the occasional fall from a chair. An energetic flow of ideas ultimately produces innovative features focused on strengthening the bond we help create between brands and their guests.
The kind of person we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a smart, curious, empathetic person with user-centered design experience to manage, develop, and execute a roadmap that will deliver best-in-class digital experiences for brands and their customers. If you are someone who likes to prototype on Monday and dive into usability testing of a new feature on Wednesday this role is for you. You’ll need strong oral and visual communication (emphasis on listening and asking key questions) skills which will help you as the evangelist for the user experience.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing:
- Defining the user model and user interface for new and existing Paytronix products and features
- Developing high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Creating high fidelity mockups that display innovative, beautiful, and user-centered designs
- Gauging the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change
- Collaborating with product managers and developers to estimate scope, adjust priorities, guide and implement designs
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards for the company
- Delivering the necessary visual assets for the development of our mobile apps, web apps, and other products, on a prescribed timeline
- Participating in customer design validation sessions
- Participating in and running iterative design sprints
- Traveling 5% domestically
The kind of experience you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human–Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of work experience in a related field
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for design and craftsmanship
- Proficiency in Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator and other leading design tools
- A portfolio of work that will excite and inspire
The extra stuff that would be nice:
- MA/MS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for popular web-based products.
- Experience with voice interaction.