Paystack helps businesses in Africa get paid by anyone, from anywhere in the world. Thousands of businesses of all sizes use our modern payments platform, including MTN, StarTimes, BetWay, Ulesson, and many others.
Within a little over 7 years, our close-knit team now processes over 50% of all online payments in Nigeria, and growing fast in Ghana and South Africa. In 2020, we were acquired by global payments leader Stripe to accelerate online commerce across Africa.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
About the Key Account Management Role
Paystack serves some of the most ambitious businesses in Africa. Our promise to our customers is that, beyond providing an amazing payments experience, we'll help their businesses grow. This is a HUGE promise the entire company is committed to, and our Key Account Mangers are key drivers of that promise. As a Key Account Manger, you'll be entrusted with a portfolio of some of our fastest-growing customers from different sectors, across multiple countries. Your primary responsibility will be to scale and maintain the business of these companies, while helping them meet their most important business objectives. You'll own some of our most important customer relationships, and lead both day-to-day conversations as well as high level strategic discussions.
Running a business can be brutal, and you'll see your portfolio companies at both their best and their worst. The best Key Account Mangers are invaluable advisors to the companies in their portfolio, as well as relentless advocates. This is one of the reasons why we love speaking to entrepreneurs and management consultants for this role. We find that they bring a high degree of natural empathy to the Key Account Manger role, because they have an instinctive understanding of the heady highs and crushing lows of being a business owner.
You'll dive deep into Paystack's massive proprietary database to uncover market trends and translate them into actionable recommends. We process a large percentage of all online transactions in Nigeria, which gives us a granular understanding of what's happening across multiple different industries. We're looking for a teammate with a natural aptitude for identifying patterns from this valuable dataset, and sharing those insights both internally and externally.
We're also looking for a teammate who delights in learning everything there is to know about entire sectors. To best support your portfolio of assigned companies, you'll need a deep understanding of their specific business needs as well as their broader industry. You'll research the various sectors within which your portfolio companies operate to inform your recommendations for how these companies can thrive.
Key Account Mangers work with literally every team at Paystack. You'll serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible experience for our merchants and their customers. You'll have visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ghana.
What You'll Be Doing
- build long-term relationships with your contacts at mid-market and enterprise companies and help them understand how to best leverage Paystack's powerful product suite to meet their business objectives
- develop account plans for winning and expanding business within your portfolio of accounts
- upsell Paystack's suite of products to your portfolio of accounts
- analyse internal and external datasets to gain insights for various uses
- research various sectors to better understand the competitive landscape of those industries, as well as both the threats and opportunities available to your portfolio companies
- solve tricky tier 2 support issues escalated by businesses in your portfolio
- represent Paystack at industry events, fairs, webinars, and demos
- serve on one or more Product teams, using your insights from the field to inform product prioritization and product development
What it takes to succeed at this role
- have a sophisticated commercial sense and are able to quickly understand the underlying drivers and strategy of our customers' businesses
- have an aptitude for identifying upsell opportunities, and closing them
- are a strong communicator: you can write and speak clearly and compellingly, and understand how to explain complex issues to different audiences
- have experience in a client-facing role, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- have a strong sense of ownership: you can be relied on to solve problems end to end, while managing all stakeholders involved, and proactively providing timely feedback.
- embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- are able to analyse large amounts of data, identify useful patterns, and make recommendations based on your observations
- are perceptive and a fast learner: you’re able to quickly understand the technology that powers Paystack and able to leverage your understanding to help customers achieve their goals. A Key Account Manager understands the Paystack product better than anyone else at the company
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- have experience working with payments systems in Africa
- are comfortable with analysing large amounts of data
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Monthly internet budget to work from home
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Instructions - Read carefully!
Application deadline is 11:59 pm WAT on December 9.
Please complete all the required questions
After you submit this application form, you'll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test. Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.