Paystack’s mission is to accelerate digital payments on the continent of Africa. Over 60,000 of some of the most renowned businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, UPS, FilmHouse Cinemas, Smile Communications, Air Peace Airlines, AXA Mansard Insurance, and many others.
In a little over 5 years, our growing team has introduced a steady cadence of innovation within the Nigerian online payments system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay directly from their bank accounts, automated chargebacks, and much more. We’ve recently been acquired by Stripe and are set to enter into a new phase of our evolution as a company, in which we seek to consolidate our position as the leading payment service provider on the continent.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!About the Role
As a Sales Associate, you’ll drive Paystack’s future growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Paystack users. You’ll handle the full sales cycle for large enterprises, local corporates and multinationals. You will own the relationship and be the main point of contact with merchants that will be instrumental to Paystack’s future growth; identify new business opportunities, and work to increase the
market share and adoption of Paystack within your target sectors and markets.
We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we are looking to you to help generate a healthy pipeline of some of the best businesses of the continent.
And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
This is a full-time role is based in Country and reporting to the Sales Manager or Country Lead.
• Manage the sales cycle from pipeline generation to close, for corporates and multi-nation enterprises to deliver on an annual revenue quota (target)
• Receive qualified inbound sales opportunities and drive them to a close them. You will work closely with Technical product specialists and Key account managers to convert these requests
• Own a named account list and develop demand-generation plans for creating, nurturing, winning and expanding business within your target sectors
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and operational teams both within and outside Paystack
What it takes to succeed at this role
• 5+ years of sales experience in the software, financial and/or technology sectors with a track record of top performance
• Able to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
• Strong ability to drive sales engagements via the phone and online, sustaining focused conversations to achieve a clear objective
• Able to build trust and credibility by providing accurate information and guidance to prospects regarding Paystack’s products and solution capabilities
• Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
• Strong interest in technology
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
• have previous experience in the banking, payments, or the payment cards industry
• Competitive salary
• Full medical coverage
• MacBook Pro
• Housing assistance
• Gym membership
• Free lunch
• Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth