Sales Associate At Paystack
Imagine an Africa where buying goods and services is as easy as topping up airtime. How often have you wanted to pay for a product or service but are constrained by various factors such as cash, time, location etc? What if there was a trusted payments service across the continent that makes it easier to pay for goods and services via web and/or mobile? This is what we are building at Paystack - a Pan-African payments company with a mission to accelerate digital commerce in Africa.
Within a little over 5 years, Paystack has grown from disrupting the online payments market in Nigeria, into a multi-country platform/operator. From humble beginnings, we’ve grown to become an international company, consisting of team members of various nationalities. Recently, we were acquired by global payments leader, Stripe to accelerate online commerce across Africa.
While we’ve made remarkable progress since our founding, we’re really just getting started on the task of connecting the payments infrastructure on the continent. And while today, we count some of the most recognisable brands in Africa, such as MTN, UPS, SendWave, Wakanow, Air Peace Airlines, AfroNation, Startimes, FilmHouse, AXA Mansard Insurance, etc., as clients; we’re still very much in the early days of delivering our cutting-edge proposition to the South African market. Consequently, we’re seeking a daring, ambitious and innovative individual to join our Sales team to help with the task of steering prospective clients in the direction of Paystack.
About the Sales Associate Role
As a Sales Associate, you’ll drive Paystack’s growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Paystack customers. You’ll handle the full sales cycle for mid-sized enterprises and corporates. You'll own the relationship and be the main point of contact with merchants who will be instrumental to Paystack’s future growth, identify new business opportunities, and work to increase the market share and adoption of Paystack within your target sectors.
In terms of the profile we seek: you're an adept salesperson seeking to build a long-term career in sales. You're capable of engaging in business-level conversations and comfortable having high-level technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You have an understanding of the buyer journey and can lead relatively long, single stakeholder deals in a highly consultative manner. You understand how to communicate value to differentiate competing product offerings and enjoy working on products that require deep product knowledge, combined with technical knowledge.
We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we're looking to you to help generate a healthy pipeline of some of the best businesses on the continent.
And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
This is a full-time role based in South Africa, and you’ll report directly to the Country Head of Sales.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Sales Associate, you’ll:
- Manage the sales cycle from pipeline generation to close, for corporates and multi-nation enterprises to deliver on an annual revenue quota (target)
- Receive qualified inbound sales opportunities and drive them to a close. You'll work closely with Technical Product Specialists and Key Account Managers to convert these requests
- Own a named account list and develop demand-generation plans for creating, nurturing, winning and expanding business within your target sectors
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and operational teams both within and outside Paystack
What it takes to succeed at this role
- 3+ years of sales experience in the software, financial and/or technology sectors with a track record of top performance
- Able to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Strong ability to drive sales engagements via the phone and online, sustaining focused conversations to achieve a clear objective
- Able to build trust and credibility by providing accurate information and guidance to prospects regarding Paystack’s products and solution capabilities
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- have previous experience in the banking, payments, or the payment cards industry
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth