Inbound & Channel Sales Representative at Paystack
Imagine an Africa where buying goods and services is as easy as topping up airtime. How often have you wanted to pay for a product or service but are constrained by various factors such as cash, time, location etc? What if there was a trusted payments service across the continent that makes it easier to pay for goods and services via web and/or mobile? This is what we are building at Paystack - a Pan-African payments company with a mission to accelerate digital commerce in Africa.
Within a little over 5 years, Paystack has grown from disrupting the online payments market in Nigeria, into a multi-country platform/operator. From humble beginnings, we’ve grown to become an international company, consisting of team members of various nationalities. Recently, we were acquired by global payments leader, Stripe to accelerate online commerce across Africa.
While we’ve made remarkable progress since our founding, we’re really just getting started on the task of connecting the payments infrastructure on the continent. And while today, we count some of the most recognisable brands in Africa, such as MTN, UPS, SendWave, Wakanow, Air Peace Airlines, AfroNation, Startimes, FilmHouse, AXA Mansard Insurance, etc., as clients; we’re still very much in the early days of delivering our cutting-edge proposition to the South African market. Consequently, we’re seeking a daring, ambitious and innovative individual to join our Sales team to help with the task of steering prospective clients in the direction of Paystack.
About the Inbound & Channel Sales Representative Role
- As an Inbound Sales Representative, you’ll fuel Paystack’s growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Paystack customers. You’ll handle the sales cycle for small and mid-sized enterprises, and be responsible for converting sales qualified leads.
- You’ll often be the first point of contact between Paystack and prospective clients, so you’ll effectively be an ambassador representing the company and influencing first impressions about us.
- You'll be the go-to person within the company for receiving, managing and converting leads within your territory, and you will be accountable for delivering consistent growth in the region. This means working to increase the adoption and market share of Paystack in the market.
- We’re building up our base of channel partners that regularly send us qualified leads. You’ll collaborate and strategize with these partners to close inbound leads.
- In terms of profile:
- you're a natural salesperson who’s seeking to build a long-term career in sales. You are articulate and organised, with the ability to listen carefully and express your thoughts originally and creatively.
- You are logical and methodical, with a natural ability to order and organise your work in a manner that keeps you on top of things.
- You are a closer, with an understanding of the buyer journey, and the patience and persistence to see things through to a logical end.
- You understand how to simplify complex ideas and explain things in a way that brings clarity.
- You are curious about technology and the world around you, and have an outlook that embraces constant learning
We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we're looking to you to help generate a healthy pipeline of some of the best businesses on the continent.
And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
This is a full-time role based in South Africa and reporting to our Country Sales lead
What You'll Be Doing
As an Inbound and Channel Sales Representative, you’ll:
- Deliver on an annual Sales quota by managing the inbound lead activity in your assigned territory. You will be primarily tasked with receiving, qualifying and converting leads into closed deals.
- Coordinate the activities of our channel partners who are incentivised to refer Paystack to prospective clients in their network
- Leverage a range of digital tools to manage and report on your work and activity.
- Research accounts, manage relationships with key players, deepen interest and close deals.
- You will collaborate with your field Sales colleagues and Sales leadership to constantly optimise the process and manage multiple opportunities as they emerge
What it takes to succeed at this role
- The ability to build relationships in a fast-paced business environment
- The ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them clearly
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying attention to details
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have 2 – 3 years previous sales experience in a sales role
- Experience in the financial services industry or with ecommerce businesses
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth