Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 5 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
About the role
Working within the People and Culture team, the main objective will be to help us partner with the business to turn people data into insights that will enable business stakeholders to understand their teams, what matters most to them and act accordingly. This is a summer internship starting late June/early July.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing dashboards with clear data visualisations in Tableau and superset (or a similar reporting tool)
- Help us connect all of our people data into a single data warehouse and as such SQL knowledge is appreciated
- Help us explore opportunities for automation using any script/language of your choice
- Conduct descriptive, confirmatory and exploratory data analysis
- Work in an agile manner to help us use the insights generated to lead to real change
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree that provides dedicated modules for math or scientific study
- Enjoy working with data and have knowledge or experience with SQL (or other query language) and general-purpose programming languages such as Python or R
- Have proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- A real curiosity to understand for how things work and how they can be improved
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and simple manner
- Mindset that focuses on reaching core of problems; not just the first issue encountered
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!