Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 5 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
What's the role about
We're looking for Head of DevOps to work closely with Engineering Heads to build technology roadmap, ensuring the consistency and validity of DevOps frameworks, processes and tools to enable optimal performance and driving business outcomes.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading DevOps team
- Providing a clear vision and direction to team and key stakeholders
- Identifying skills gaps and implement plans to improve staff capabilities and competencies
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and influence others to deliver on commitments
- Understanding the needs of a self-organizing team (cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative, works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management activities that make self-organization successful
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with IT security policies and procedures
- Preparing instructions / regulations
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- Experience leading DevOps team
- Strong management and communication skills
- Deep experience in DevOPS practices
- Has proven and demonstrated knowledge and skills in one or more technologies or industries
- Demonstrates strategic and critical thinking capability
- Understanding the business case for each deliverable undertaken and working with business owners to help ensure benefits are realized
- Careful, self-organised and responsible person
- Strong planning, presentation skills, and the capability to listen and influence
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!