Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 5 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
What’s the role about
We’re building a new team to become the future of Paysend.
Reporting directly to the CRO of Paysend EU, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to build and establish the Risk framework for Ireland and beyond.
In this role you will partner with colleagues across the network to design and operate a robust risk network
Paysend is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Our core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to transact seamlessly and quickly, regardless of physical location. We have established a base in Ireland from which we operate our regulated European business which is licensed and regulated as an Electronic Money Institution by the Central Bank of Ireland.
The Credit Risk Manager role is a second line of defence (“2LOD”) appointment reporting to the EEA Chief Risk Officer (“EEA CRO”).
What you’ll be doing
- Create credit scoring models to predict risks
- Research and evaluate clients’ and partners’ creditworthiness to predict risks
- Contribute towards development of the company’s credit risk appetite
- Manage credit risks related to B2B clients and business partners or providers of the Company, and credit risks generated by the Company’s products and services
- Develop and optimize new and existing business/merchant/counterparty/supplier onboarding processes, focusing on credit risk assessment and mitigation
- Develop credit risk management metrics to monitor and manage ongoing credit risk across the group.
- Monitor the quality of credit risk exposures and provide timely review/escalation of issues to the Chief Risk Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Monitor adherence to policies and taking/recommending actions required to correct any irregularities, amendments to policy and country/sectoral limits, as appropriate.
- Understand how the company’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Develop, review and update the Company’s credit risk management policies and procedures
- Monitor total credit exposure of the company vs. (credit) risk appetite
- Develop and manage on an ongoing basis a credit scoring and credit limit assignment policy
- Develop, monitor and manage the credit limits, guarantees and collaterals on an ongoing basis
- Monitor partner developments and adjust credit limits, collaterals and guarantees accordingly
- Cooperate with other Company’s divisions and/or the partner (as applicable) in case of defaults on payment plans, the collection processes on defaulted portfolios and sale of the receivables
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- 3+ years of experience in the same or similar capacity in fintech or global financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, banking and finance, or similar field
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent English
Ideally, you’ll also have
CRC, CCRM, FRM, CRM, PRM or other relevant certification
RM or CISI credit risk management courses
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!